A weapon that shoots blocks

Started by xXMoksXx on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 09:15, 25. Feb 2024
Joined Jul 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
A weapon that shoots blocks

I want to make a weapon that, when a projectile hits a block, places another block on it. I am not very good at procedures, so I would be grateful if you would throw off the procedure or an image with it.

Last seen on 19:40, 14. Sep 2023
Joined May 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Heya!  So one way around…
Thu, 05/25/2023 - 15:48

Heya! 

So one way around this (if you only want this to happen when you hit a certain block) would be the following:

1. So choose or make the block you want the projectile to hit.

2. When making or editing the block go to the triggers page and select 'On Block Hit By Projectile' and create a new procedure.

(Use step 3a if you want to just place a block on one that has only air above it, or 3b if you want it to replace any block that is        currently above it)

3a. Under the tab 'Block Management' select the 'Place at [    ]  at  x:[x]  y:[y]  z:[z] '

3b. Under the tab 'Block Management' select the 'Replace block at   x:[x]  y:[y]  z:[z]   with  [    ]  Keep State'

NOTE: 'Keep State' just means it will keep the rotation of the block the same for the new block. For example: if block                      direction is DOWN, place new block rotate it DOWN

4. In the empty box click it to select which block you would like to place/replace.

5. Go to the 'Math' tab and select the box with a number [0], and a box that has two empty sides and a + sign in the middle [ ] + [ ]

6.  Change the number box to 1 and drag it into the empty space after the + sign in the other box. Drag the Y from 'Place at [    ]  at  x:[x]  y:[y]  z:[z] ' and place it in the addition box It should look like [Y] + [1]

7. Now put that block into the empty Y on the 'Place at [    ]  at  x:[x]  y:[  ]  z:[z] ' so it looks like 'Place at [    ]  at  x:[x]  y:[ y+1 ]  z:[z]'

NOTE: The Y axis is up and down, so y+1 essentially means you will be placing the block 1 up (on top of) from the                                original blocks location which is just Y

Hopefully this helps (I'm having trouble attaching images to explaining it step by step is all I can do at this time)