Issues with feature mod element

Started by Orandza on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 17:21, 26. Mar 2024
Joined Jul 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Issues with feature mod element

As the title says, I am having trouble using the feature mod element. My goal is to have a cactus feature that would generate in some of my custom desert biomes. Problem? First of all, the cacti spawn in 1-layer deep water blocks for no reason. They don't spawn any deeper than that, but if there is a 1-block-tall water pond somewhere, cacti occasionally do generate there - https://imgur.com/a/SOxD8qP . Second of all, cacti also spawn right next to solid blocks, occasionally they break right after they generate, but usually they just stay in place and look cursed. Now I've tried several of the condition placements blocks MCreator provides, none of them work. https://imgur.com/a/qTJ1R42 I tried every single one of these, they either do absolutely nothing or the conditions result in cacti not even spawning at all. Additional conditions for checking stuff like whether or not there's water where the cacti should be don't help either, in fact they tend to result in cacti spawning in thin air. And for some reason, the cacti feature that was there by default in each biome's settings got removed? 

In any case, I really don't understand what's up with the feature mod element, if I am doing something wrong then I'd kindly ask for someone to let me know how I should go about fixing my issues since currently it feels like all I can do is use structures instead.

Last seen on 14:12, 3. Jun 2023
Joined Nov 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Try with a placement like…
Sat, 06/03/2023 - 14:09

Try with a placement like this:

• Swap the random XZ and the heightmap, because otherwise it might try to place the cactus inside the terrain
  • Check for surface water, air, and if the cactus would survive at the position
Joined Jul 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
SomeoneElse, your solution…
Sat, 06/03/2023 - 14:40

SomeoneElse, your solution worked for me, thanks. I am not sure what I did wrong before, maybe just a bad combination of things?

Joined Jul 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
On a side note, I see that…
Sat, 06/03/2023 - 15:24

On a side note, I see that the biomes I have which used to have default flowers in them now have them added in the default biome features. But when I open the default features selector, default flowers are nowhere to be seen so I can't add them to any new biomes.

Joined Jul 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Also the selected default…
Sat, 06/03/2023 - 15:28

Also the selected default flowers do absolutely nothing :/