User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
GUI Overhaul Update Ideas
Thu, 07/06/2023 - 10:45 (edited)

MCreator is great, don't get me wrong, but it does have a few areas where there is some room for improvement. In this post, I will tell you some of the features I have been longing for that are related to the GUI and Overlay elements.

1 -  Lists

I know, I know, it sounds boring, but what if we could just add a list to GUIs with a scrollbar and everything? You could have an "Add list" element in the GUI editor, and then a "Add item to list" element as well!

2 - Pages

I know, I know, this is basically just a different type of list, but it would still be cool if you could add different pages to a GUI! If you are making a config GUI for your mod, you could add different pages for stuff like "Video Settings" and "Sound Settings" and set different checkboxes to only show up on a specific page!

Accomplished by Catnip | Click here to view comment

3 - Sliders

This one is a great one for configuration mods. A new GUI element titled "Add Slider" with a slider for how wide the slider is in the creation menu, and could get the value of the slider in a procedure block. You could also change the range of the slider (Default 1-100)

More ideas to come!

If you have any ideas, I will be happy to add them to this list. It would be great if we got more ideas, because the more ideas, the more likely the MCreator team will add one of them.

SpyCoder out!

Edited by SpyCoder77 on Thu, 07/06/2023 - 10:45
Last seen on 23:08, 19. Sep 2024
Joined Apr 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Pages can be accomplished by…
Mon, 06/26/2023 - 18:31

Pages can be accomplished by adding a button that closes the open gui and opens a different page(both are simple procedure blocks), but items cannot be transferred between pages (easily) in this way.

Last seen on 20:32, 6. Aug 2024
Joined Jun 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thank you! I appreciate your…
Mon, 06/26/2023 - 18:38

Thank you! I appreciate your help. I will add a link to your comment in the post, if you are ok with it.

Last seen on 00:21, 1. Sep 2023
Joined Apr 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
hey do you have contact…
Sat, 07/08/2023 - 17:36

hey do you have contact other than discord to collab on that mod?

Last seen on 20:32, 6. Aug 2024
Joined Jun 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
No.
Sat, 07/08/2023 - 17:37

No.