Custom Death Messages do not work in 2023.2 (And damage type MOB_ATTACK is quite useless)

Started by EB Mario on

Topic category: Troubleshooting, bugs, and solutions

Last seen on 03:28, 1. Jul 2023
Joined Feb 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Custom Death Messages do not work in 2023.2 (And damage type MOB_ATTACK is quite useless)

It seems with the newest build of Mcreator, Custom Death Messages using custom damage types no longer have the ability to carry over a victim's name in the death message, instead leaving a %1$s where the name should be. Also, MOB_ATTACK as a damage type is useless without the ability to attribute either the victims name or the attacker's name to the damage type. I assume this is a blunder on MCreator's part, as I have done what I needed to do in order to get the message to function, it just does not grab the victims name at all. I made the localization key, and made sure I used the custom damage block.

I basically only ask that the custom death messages be fixed, since they seem to be a nice feature when they work correctly. Although it would also be great if we could specify who the victim and who the attacker are directly in the block itself, since then MOB_ATTACK and THROWN damage types could actually be used.

Note: This is a repost in an new forum section because I made a mistake with choosing the forum section in the previous post. I hope this allows the devs to see this better.

Last seen on 18:52, 13. Jan 2024
Joined Mar 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
i was wondering why i…
Fri, 07/28/2023 - 18:33

i was wondering why i couldnt get custom death messages to work

Last seen on 19:02, 12. May 2024
Joined Jan 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I noticed this too and…
Fri, 08/04/2023 - 03:56

I noticed this too and considered; maybe they changed the [player_name] placeholder from %1$s to something else

Last seen on 17:00, 29. Jan 2024
Joined Dec 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
yea from %1$s to %s  
Sat, 01/20/2024 - 17:31

yea from %1$s to %s