MCreator not working on Turkish computers

Submitted by Fox6576 on Fri, 06/28/2019 - 17:32
Upvotes: 0
Issue description

Well it looks like the new update didn't solve my issue, and the "fixes" also didn't give any fruit. I also noticed that this problem i have with ITEM definition is also present in RANGEDITEM which makes me not be able to create normal items and ranged items. links are: 

https://pastebin.com/zEGbC9ih (RANGEDITEM console) 

https://pastebin.com/f0bVrxq7 (RANGEDITEM .BAT) 

https://pastebin.com/qnYs45sy (ITEM console) 

https://pastebin.com/a6q6kMF9 (ITEM .BAT)         

 

(i know i am saying this continously but i seriously started to feel like it is a language based issue since my language has lower case I (which is ı)  and uppercase i (which is İ) which is probably why it can't read the definition)

Issue comments

Developer Submitted by Klemen on Fri, 06/28/2019 - 17:54

I doubt this is that issue as MCreator uses these names internally and does not care about computer language. Could you please attach the workspace file you imported in MCreator 1.9.0 here in the ticket?

i couldn't see an export as .mcr option but instead saw an export as a shareable .zip file so i exported that. also some coding languages do care about computer languages because i had a very similar issue on a plugin loader for another game

(but they fixed it "Fixed an issue that caused problems with certain features like the console, on systems using certain character encodings (Turkish in particular)." so it is entirely possible that it is a problem about computer language stuff)

Developer Submitted by Klemen on Sat, 06/29/2019 - 09:12

I have done a lot of checking based on your extensive report with all the logs and workspaces and was not able to trace why this is happening. I suspect this is a Java bug with some languages at this point. Could you try switching your computer locale to English?

Do Dimensions work as they contain i character too?

Sadly i can't change my computer language to English because of Windows Home Single Language edition but i found a couple of articles regarding to the bug that is almost 10 years old (which means java didn't fixed the bug for over 10 years by now)

What i wrote to google:

https://www.google.com/search?q=java+turkish+locale+bug&oq=java+turkish+locale+bug&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.4838j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

 

Some that i found:

http://mattryall.net/blog/2009/02/the-infamous-turkish-locale-bug

https://garygregory.wordpress.com/2015/11/03/java-lowercase-conversion-turkey/

https://haacked.com/archive/2012/07/05/turkish-i-problem-and-why-you-should-care.aspx/

i don't know much about coding but from what i guess, if MCreator codes items as İTEM instead of ITEM intentionally (there should be setting for this option so it won't break for other people) it should work.

Also,dimensions doesn't work.

Developer Submitted by Klemen on Sat, 06/29/2019 - 10:41

Thank you for these links, this is some valuable information :D

Could you open mcreator.bat and change the line

"./jdk/bin/java.exe" net.mcreator.Launcher --arch64

to

"./jdk/bin/java.exe" -Duser.country=US -Duser.language=en net.mcreator.Launcher --arch64

then save the file? Then try running MCreator using mcreator.bat file and please report back if you can make items and other broken mod elements?

Developer Submitted by Klemen on Sat, 06/29/2019 - 13:53

I have been able to identify the issue for this. This bug will be fixed with patch release of MCreator 1.9.0. I will let you know when this happens.

Submitted by NavaRayUK on Sat, 06/29/2019 - 14:11

It's telling java to use english as its lanugage 

Developer Submitted by Klemen on Sat, 06/29/2019 - 14:22

Fox6576: this is just a hack. Once we release a patch reinstall MCreator to use the proper method of solving this that we will implement.

Developer Submitted by Klemen on Sat, 06/29/2019 - 17:08

PATCH UPDATE 29. 6. 2019, 19:00 CET

There were some bugs found in MCreator 1.9.0 so we decided to release a patch update. If you are having one of the following bugs and downloaded MCreator before the time of the patch, consider reinstalling version 1.9.0:

  • [#50676] Could not type uppercase S and C in MCreator due to shortcuts being assigned to them
  • [#50710] Missing references to blocks or items that were not properly deleted in previous MCreator version could cause Minecraft to crash
  • [#50711] Trees were still generating in lakes in custom dimensions
  • [#50688] MCreator did not work on computers with the language set to Turkish
  • [#50705] MCreator could fail to save workspace on some slower hard drives
  • [#50705] In some cases users could not create a new workspace
  • If one closed main window while Gradle was running and canceled the close, the window closed nonetheless
  • One could close MCreator while the Gradle workspace was setting up
  • Fast clicking on the build, run client or run server button repeated this task multiple times
  • Added a notice about supported model types in the UI

To apply the patch (fix these bugs), uninstall MCreator 1.9.0, download it again and install it again.

More info: https://mcreator.net/news/50594/mcreator-190-potion-full-screen-and-more