Topic category: Feature requests and ideas for MCreator
Mcreator 2 is very exciting. Mcreator is already a great and easy to use software, but there are some things missing, things that could be added to the sequel. I'd like to make my suggestions public, incase Pylo happen to notice them.
- Enchantments - The ability to make custom enchantments would be amazing. When creating an enchantment, you give it a name and pick the tool/tool type that can be enchanted with this enchantment. When it comes to making enchantment powers, this would probably use procedures. Enchantment books would be made instantly.
- More Recipe Options - The ability to attach recipes to an item would make organization much better. But not only that, there should be more kinds of recipes. For example, a brewing stand recipe or maybe even an anvil recipe.
- Folders - This feature is small but would help out with organisation quite a lot. When your mod gets too big, it can be hard to organise things. So why not add the option to make a folder to place elements in?
- Throwable Items - This could be an extension to the item element or its own element. I'm sure it's possible with procedures, but I want an item that I can throw. Instead of having an item that requires ammo, the item is it's own ammo. Like a snowball or an egg.
- More weapon/tool options - The ability to change the reach of tools would be good (For example, if you make a longer sword or a spear, it can attack enemies from a further distance). Also, a harvest level beyond 3 would be great.
- Editing Existing Minecraft Elements - I would love to be able to change the texture, behaviour and drops of an existing minecraft element without the use of procedures. This would be very useful.
- Custom Portals - Portals in Mcreator can only be in the shape of a Nether Portal, but what if you wanted to make a portal that looks like an end portal? Or even a portal with a custom layout? Maybe your portal is barely a portal and is just a single block with a custom 3d model. The option to change the way you open the portal would also be great. For example, how the end portal requires you to fill in the frames with eye of enders, rather than getting lit with flint and steel.
- Enemy Summoning - Spawning enemies, allies or bosses by creating a shape out of blocks would be cool. I'm fully aware that this can be done with procedures, but it would be easier if it was part of the living creature creation. Perhaps you get a grid that you can fill with blocks, and that will be the shape required to spawn your mob.
- More Mob Models - When making a living creature, you can select models or make your own. But the models you can select are quite limited. I would love every mob model from minecraft included. If that can't happen for whatever reason, there are some essentials that should be included: Endermen, wolves, cats, parrots and the Enderdragon.
I hope these features make it into the game. I may post more suggestions on this topic if I can think of more. I was writing this at midnight so please excuse any stupidity or mistakes.