• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Please update the Biome Data List

Link to the page in question:
https://mcreator.net/wiki/vanilla-biome-settings-data-list

The reason I'm starting this topic is because I used this page a lot when adding biomes to the overworld. However now, I wanted to add a biome to the nether. Logically, I came back to this page in an effort for details on nether biome generation settings. But what has to be noted is that the page is out of date, at least to my experience, as of 1.16, and still today. It only features the rain possibility and temperature values not used for biome generation. All the values used for generation, e.g. weirdness range, temperature range, humidity range, erosion range, and continentalness range.

I get that errosion, continentalness, and weirdness are categories, but having more detail on them, if possible would be appreciated.

Also, minor request, would it be possible for you to also add this page as a link somewhere obvious to either in MCreator directly, or on the biome main page.

Last seen on 16:23, 27. Apr 2024
Joined Mar 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Addendum: I read that you…
Sun, 10/15/2023 - 15:57

Addendum: I read that you looked through the OverworldBiomeBuilder.java file to find these values, so I am aware you might not be able to pull the values easily.

Joined Mar 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Addendum: Line 54 of the…
Sun, 10/15/2023 - 17:15

Addendum: Line 54 of the file MultiNoiseBiomeSourceParameterList.java seems interesting. If I see this correctly, the nether still uses an older format of biome distribution?

Joined Mar 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Update, I found out the…
Sun, 10/15/2023 - 17:57

Update, I found out the exact values. I had to do a lot of digging, but it seems like the floats inside of "List.of(Pair.of(Climate.parameters()))" in line 54 are, in order:
Temperature, Humidity, Continentalness, Erosion, Depth, Weirdness, and a 7th value being some sort of offset.
This would mean the center of each range is the following:

Temperature
Nether Wastes ~  0
Soul Sand Valley ~ 0
Crimson Forest ~ 0.4
Warped Forest ~ 0
Basalt Deltas ~ -0.5

Humidity
Nether Wastes ~  0
Soul Sand Valley ~ -0.5
Crimson Forest ~ 0
Warped Forest ~ 0.5
Basalt Deltas ~ 0

Continentalness
Nether Wastes ~  0
Soul Sand Valley ~ 0
Crimson Forest ~ 0
Warped Forest ~ 0
Basalt Deltas ~ 0

Erosion
Nether Wastes ~  0
Soul Sand Valley ~ 0
Crimson Forest ~ 0
Warped Forest ~ 0
Basalt Deltas ~ 0

Depth
Nether Wastes ~  0
Soul Sand Valley ~ 0
Crimson Forest ~ 0
Warped Forest ~ 0
Basalt Deltas ~ 0

Weirdness
Nether Wastes ~  0
Soul Sand Valley ~ 0
Crimson Forest ~ 0
Warped Forest ~ 0
Basalt Deltas ~ 0

Offset
Nether Wastes ~  0
Soul Sand Valley ~ 0
Crimson Forest ~ 0
Warped Forest ~ 0.375
Basalt Deltas ~ 0.175

It seems like the ranges for each are abstracted dynamically, and made to fit the noise of biome generation, as I could not find a single instance of a max and minimum value being defined for either nether biome in the source code.

More testing is needed to see if these values actually cause the described behaviour.

Joined Mar 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Sources: "Class Climate"…
Sun, 10/15/2023 - 18:01

Sources:

"Class Climate" from the Nekoyue Forge Java Docs (1.18.2) (Specifically the seven floats for each "Climate.parameters()"):
https://nekoyue.github.io/ForgeJavaDocs-NG/javadoc/1.18.2/net/minecraft/world/level/biome/Climate.html#parameters(float,float,float,float,float,float,float) 

Post on mcmod.cn, under "5. Registration and construction of groups" about biome module development in 1.18:
https://www.mcmod.cn/post/2992.html