User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
custom creeper flashing & expanding

sup,

i have a custom creeper (made with geckolib) that i would like to give the animation of a vanilla creeper exploding, aka shaking and flashing before exploding. now the easy way out would be animating that my self, and i have, but its just not really the same. coming with the geckolib plugin is an example model that changes the creepers looks and animations, when that specific one is about to blow up, it also flashes and shakes like a normal one. so that opened up the question of how to do that? my guess would be giving the custom creeper some sort of command in the code to execute that animation, though i have no idea how id do that, i only use the procedure blocks mostly, and ive already tried applying a "creeper" tag to the entity in the hopes that it would apply it to anything tagged as a creeper, it did not lol.

would anyone have an idea as to how i could get that working? ive never seen anybody ask this so far.

thanks!

Last seen on 20:37, 26. Jul 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You would probably just need…
Fri, 10/20/2023 - 19:40

You would probably just need to animate this yourself, unless you could somehow extract the animations file, or find a means of altering the entity's code to reference the creeper animation, both of which would likely be far more complicated given how simple the creeper's animation is. You just need it to expand and contract rapidly, and you can rapidly switch out the texture between a solid white variant, (like the creeper), using Geckolib's 'set texture' function.