User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Texture Management

I'm looking for two main features. 

The first being able to rename textures and have it update in the whole workspace. Currently I'm going through and renaming some of my textures to make more sense to what the item has become over time, and in order to do so, I have to delete the original texture, add in the newly named one, and then go through the workspace to fix all the procedures that now have a broken item showing up. This has been quite a bit of work, and I think having the option to rename textures would really help.

The second thing I would love to see is a one-click solution to remove any texture that is not actually being used in the workspace.

One last feature that I would like, but isn't as much a necessity to me would be more texture categories, instead of the "etc." category that dumps things directly into the texture folder, having one for environment, one for paintings, and a folder that is for "other/misc."

Thank you so much for your time.

Last seen on 00:40, 1. May 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
If you delete and reupload a…
Sat, 11/04/2023 - 17:55

If you delete and reupload a texture, it should automatically update everything else in the workspace, you just have to make sure it has the same name as the old texture. It doesn't automatically update the thumbnails in the workspace, (so it won't look like it worked until you actually open the affected elements), but as long as the name is identical, it shouldn't cause compilation errors.

Not an easy way I can think of to determine whether or not textures are being used, though you can use CTRL/SHIFT to mass select more than one texture.

And as for the files, there's a specific reason for this; Minecraft uses a built-in directory system for most textures, so it would be difficult to refrence things correctly if there were multiple files. While you should technically be able to make files within the main resource files to group things together by manually altering the src; this wouldn't actually show up in the resources tab and might cause other problems. (Grouping textures like this also makes it easier for resource packs to alter things, if people want to change your mod's textures.) But yeah, definitly annoying if you have lots and lots of similar textures. You could try adding letter or number prefixes to things if you really need to have them in a specific order. Otherwise, the search bar kind of makes this not much of an issue.