Joined Nov 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Looking for volunteers to create vanilla-like textures

Hello, I am looking for people interested in contributing some vanilla like textures for a 1.20.x mod I am making soon. The mod will be relatively small, with a few biomes and some blocks. I am looking for people who are capable of creating vanilla-like textures. Whether it is variants of stone, wood, etc. It need not be creative, just fitting with the aesthetic of the art of vanilla Minecraft. Details can be given to those who are interested.

I do not have any money or connections to give, I am just looking for some volunteer contributors with either time to kill or interest in a project for their portfolio. Art and textures have never been my strong suit, design and programming is. I've worked in MCreator off and on since Java 1.6.4, and I've been studying the recent versions and procedure system to get back into the swing of things.

Last seen on 13:54, 28. Apr 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I... might be willing to…
Wed, 11/08/2023 - 17:07

I... might be willing to help, as long as I'm credited? I'm kind of busy with my own modpack, I guess it depends on how many textures you need.

I do recommend trying to do it yourself though. I also went into modding with no experience of pixelart, but you can pretty quickly pick up on texturing, color palletes, and whatnot just from trial and error, especially with 16*16 textures. Using vanilla textures as templates/references is also a good idea, if you need access to the vanilla assets but don't wanna try cracking open your own game files, you can use an external tool like MCAsset to download them. 

I don't recommend using MSPaint, just because it doesn't have layering and isn't great for smaller textures. Pixilart admittedly isn't great, but it's free, and has support for both layers and animation strips, so it's the tool I usually end up using.

...But yeah, what specifically are you looking for?