Help with a Ranged Weapon

Started by VeryBadCreator on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 10:47, 21. Dec 2023
Joined Nov 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Help with a Ranged Weapon
Wed, 11/29/2023 - 10:19 (edited)

I want to create a ranged weapon which has multiple types of projectiles which have different effects. However, I need the weapon to have infinite ammo and that the projectiles just rotate in a specified order with short cooldowns in between before repeating the loop, and the end of each loop is a long cooldown for the weapon. Im quite inexperienced with mcreator so I don't know if this is even possible

I alrdy made the textures and models in blockbench but I was also wondering if I could make them change each time a projectile is fired so the player know which projectile they are on currently

Edited by VeryBadCreator on Wed, 11/29/2023 - 10:19
Last seen on 20:18, 25. Jul 2024
Joined Oct 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Make the weapon not need…
Wed, 11/29/2023 - 12:11

Make the weapon not need ammo, and have a variable to control what is fired. Say, you have six projectiles, have the variable start at 1, and change by 1 until 6, when it resets. Use the trigger, on the ranged item used, if the variable equals 1, fire projectile 1. Search cooldown in the procedures, and put that block after it fires. You can set the cooldown to be longer or shorter. Tell me if you need more help.

Last seen on 10:47, 21. Dec 2023
Joined Nov 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How do I create the variable…
Wed, 11/29/2023 - 13:19

How do I create the variable and where do I add the different types of projectiles?