User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Proposal for Dynamic Tick Update Frequency in MCreator

Hello MCreator Community!

While working on my modding projects, I've been thinking about an improvement that could significantly enhance the flexibility of tick updates for blocks and other elements. Currently, these updates are predetermined, but imagine if they could be determined by a variable.

My proposal is to introduce the possibility of dynamically defining the tick update frequency for each block or mod element. Instead of having a static value, we could use a variable that could be modified in-game. This would provide more precise control over the behavior of blocks and elements over time.

By allowing modders to determine the tick update frequency based on variables, this would open the door to more advanced customization and complex gameplay mechanics. It could also contribute to optimizing mod performance by dynamically adjusting the update frequency.

What do you think? Does the idea of dynamically determining the tick update frequency for each block or element resonate with you? Your thoughts and ideas on this proposal are welcome!

Thank you in advance for your contribution to this discussion.

Best regards,

Last seen on 23:08, 4. Jun 2024
Joined Oct 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Ive been thinking about this…
Wed, 01/03/2024 - 23:12

Ive been thinking about this too!