"cant find idle animation. Is it missing?" in logs when minecraft crashes

Started by vlonabuser on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 15:46, 28. Jan 2024
Joined Jun 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
"cant find idle animation. Is it missing?" in logs when minecraft crashes
Thu, 12/07/2023 - 17:20 (edited)

Whenever i try to spawn entity that has no visible errors when i build my mod, like really no errors, minecraft just freezes and crashes with perm error, and with hellish amount of  "could not find idle animation. Is it missing?" in logs. wth it worked perfect and this came outta nowhere

Edited by vlonabuser on Thu, 12/07/2023 - 17:20
Last seen on 02:21, 7. May 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Have you tried clearing the…
Fri, 12/08/2023 - 12:43

Have you tried clearing the gradle caches already? This is usually my go to for weird inexplicable errors. Also if you're using the snapshot version of Geckolib, it has several bits of outdated code that can cause build errors with animations.

If the caches are fine, you should follow the links by the errors to see which specific parts of the code are causing the issue. Should at least give you an idea of where the problem's coming from. Otherwise it's kinda hard to diagnose without more specifics.

Last seen on 15:46, 28. Jan 2024
Joined Jun 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
i locked that entity code…
Sat, 01/20/2024 - 23:12

i locked that entity code and now it works just fine

Last seen on 02:21, 7. May 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hm. Yeah, if you're using…
Sun, 01/21/2024 - 15:19

Hm. Yeah, if you're using one of the recent snapshot versions of Geckolib, that could be the problem- but in the snapshots you had to go in and manually fix stuff after you locked them. If you just have to lock them, that means MCreator itself is doing something weird to the code. I would still recommend clearing your caches, as that sounds like a pretty good sign something's corrupted, but up to you.