Joined Aug 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Bring back the structures tab

Being able to create structures only from the Features tab is more complicated than it needs to be. The structures tab had everything we needed for making structures, and they worked fine, but now we have to figure out our own way for making anything similar to a structure generate naturally around the world, with different options that might not even be related to structures but to trees or plants, aswell as having an user unfriendly way of telling how the structure rules for spawning are gonna be. I understand the change was made just so we could locate them with /locate, but even after this change, none of the structures are able to be located with the command, so it feels like a lie. Bringing back the structures tab might help people that are creating mods (like me) and the issues that come with it might not even be there anymore (such as mobs not being included in the structure generation or the new way of telling the rarity of a structure).

I understand the change was…
Tue, 12/26/2023 - 12:12

I understand the change was made just so we could locate them with /locate, but even after this change, none of the structures are able to be located with the command, so it feels like a lie

If this is the case, I would highly advise to open a bug report on our official issue tracker.

"NBT structures" from before 2023.4 were features, so they were moved to an appropriate place. It is a great opportunity to learn all the placement configurations that open a whole new world of options.

No feature was removed by this move, just many new ones opened.

You can check how your existing structures were converted to features to help you get started.

Last seen on 21:33, 18. Jan 2024
Joined Aug 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
If it's never coming back, I…
Tue, 12/26/2023 - 12:35

If it's never coming back, I suggest at least adding a preset template for structures. This is for people who would start making mcreator mods in 2023.4 and not before. They will have a hard time figuring out how to properly make structures spawn if they don't have anything to base it off of from before.

Last seen on 18:11, 3. May 2024
Joined Aug 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
If it's never coming back, I…
Sun, 01/07/2024 - 04:42

If it's never coming back, I suggest at least adding a preset template for structures. This is for people who would start making mcreator mods in 2023.4 and not before. They will have a hard time figuring out how to properly make structures spawn if they don't have anything to base it off of from before.

I Agree with this, I understand Feature being able to Generate NBT Structure is a really Powerful Tool, however I'm still very confused on how to make one, and when I tried to make one, most of the times it failed to generate.
Making a Template Procedure like Underground Structure, Underwater Structure, Surface Structure, etc, would Help a lot for Shwoing People how to create the Correct Procedure, and People most likely will try to learn how it's made through the Procedure Template.