Joined Jan 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Still no custom animation?

Will we EVER get the ability to add custom animations for mobs?
its been YEARS now and still nothing... Blockbench supports modded java animations for entities now, so i really don't see why we haven't gotten this feature yet?

Last seen on 14:24, 2. May 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
They probably haven't added…
Fri, 12/29/2023 - 15:20

They probably haven't added it because Goldfuscate and Geckolib have been around for ages now. Yes, the devs could probably work with Nerdy to add Geckolib support built into MCreator, but it's such an easy install they'd probably rather not take downloads from him. (Geckolib and other animation systems also tend to require an external library mod, and MCreator generally doesn't include support for other external tools by default. Optifine, for example- you can add your own optifine support manually, but it isn't built in.) Yes though, worth looking into, you can get a geckolib extension for Blockbench and MCreator, and then just make sure your users also download the latest version of Geckolib.

Last seen on 14:34, 27. Apr 2024
Joined Jan 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
the geckolib plugin has…
Fri, 12/29/2023 - 20:18

the geckolib plugin has literally NEVER worked for me and i have no idea why, i KNOW for a fact im using it right but it never works and never has, its just broken plugin.

it's pissed me off so much that i've literally just resorted to learning java animation, the way mojang does it.

Last seen on 14:24, 2. May 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I'm sure you've checked, but…
Fri, 12/29/2023 - 20:29

I'm sure you've checked, but are you using a version compatible with your version of MCreator/Blockbench? If you've got it working on blockbench you might be able to export or reference the animation code, so you at least don't have to program every movement manually. Sorry, and best of luck!

Joined Jan 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
i have all the right…
Fri, 12/29/2023 - 21:30

i have all the right versions and everything. so idk why it does this.

and its honestly been fun learning this java animation stuff tbh, its not even as hard as i thought it would be, it's just all basic computer maths.

Last seen on 15:09, 2. May 2024
Joined Jul 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
If you were, for a fact,…
Fri, 12/29/2023 - 22:26

If you were, for a fact, using it right, then it would work perfectly well. But you seem to be dead set on thinking otherwise because you don't want to accept you're the problem.

Joined Jan 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
ah yes the usual, insulting…
Mon, 01/01/2024 - 08:36

ah yes the usual, insulting people instead of fixing the issue trope...
It doesn't matter anyways cause i found out the issue (and whatya know its not me, its the plugin) the plugin has a huge bug were if you update your project to a newer version, it corrupts your project so you can no longer use Geckolib with it, even if you have the up to date version of geckolib, and i know its this cause i made a new project and it worked perfectly fine.

So next time you go insulting people, maybe try talking it out and finding a way to fix the problem.