Making A Super Deep Ocean Biome

Started by Alec Cature on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 17:53, 18. May 2024
Joined Mar 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Making A Super Deep Ocean Biome

Hey there, I am wanting to make an ocean biome that goes super deep (approximately y = -32) and I can't seem to find a way to make it generate deep using the erosion and weirdness ranges as all they do is just determine what areas of the world to replace.

I see that in the biome making guide here, there used to be a lot more features like 'biome base height' and 'biome height variation' which sound like they would be perfect for what I'm looking to accomplish, however they were removed in update 2023.1 due to Minecraft's newer world generation method. Is there a new way to accomplish making super deep biomes that I'm not aware of, or is this simply not possible anymore?

Last seen on 23:43, 18. May 2024
Joined Apr 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
this wouldn't be possible…
Sat, 05/18/2024 - 23:43

this wouldn't be possible with the few settings mcreator provides, but you might be able to do it with some custom code. The way i would think it would be done is with custom carvers. Take this with a grain of salt, since i haven't actually tried it, but you should be able to create a JSON file in [mod name]/Resources (Gradle)/data/[mod namespace]/worldgen/configured_carver, then reference that in the carvers section of your biome's JSON file. Hope this helps despite my atrocious explaining skills!