[Tutorial] How to render stars and skybox [World Renderer - Forge 1.19.4 / 1.20.1]

Started by sumeshi0216 on

Topic category: User side tutorials

Last seen on 11:45, 27. Apr 2024
Joined May 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
[Tutorial] How to render stars and skybox [World Renderer - Forge 1.19.4 / 1.20.1]
Tue, 01/16/2024 - 05:03 (edited)

Render stars:

• "amount": It is amounts of stars. Note that extreme values will affect the performance. (5000 or more)
  • "seed": It defines a seed value used for random numbers. It means that the position of stars is defined based on this value
  • "yaw/pitch/roll": These are angles of stars from the player's point of view
  • "Color": This is a color of stars
  • "Constant": It defines whether stars are rendered when it rains. If it is true, stars will be always rendered

If you want to render vanilla stars, use procedure templates

Render sky box:

This procedure allows you to render skybox. See the guide about how to set colors and textures

• "Mode": There are three modes of skybox
    • "END_SKY": Using only one texture, Render a skybox same as sky of The End
    • "ONE_FACE_SKY": Using only one texture, Render a skybox. But, the rotation of the texture is different from sky of The End  
    • "SIX_FACE_SKY": Using six textures, Render a skybox. See below for details
  • "Yaw/Pitch/Roll": These are angles of a skybox from the player's point of view
  • "Color": This is a color of a skybox
  • "Constant": If there is a entity that create fog like Ender Dragon in player's dimension, It defines whether a skybox does not disappear. If it is true, a skybox will be always displayed

"SIX_FACE_SKY":

If you want a skybox that has six faces, use a texture like this. You can check directions with debug mode

The texture stitching was fixed in v1.4.1. This is equivalent to custom sky of Optifine

Edited by sumeshi0216 on Tue, 01/16/2024 - 05:03
Last seen on 13:20, 25. Apr 2024
Joined Oct 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I'm trying to render stars…
Thu, 02/08/2024 - 01:31

I'm trying to render stars and they all appear during the day. How could I avoid this? Am I missing something?

Last seen on 15:36, 25. Feb 2024
Joined Feb 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thank you. But how can you…
Sun, 02/18/2024 - 09:06

Thank you. But how can you make the skybox appear in a specific dimension?