How do i add procedures to vanilla blocks?

Started by EnderGaming6805 on

Topic category: Help with MCreator software

Last seen on 20:18, 12. Apr 2024
Joined Jul 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How do i add procedures to vanilla blocks?
Fri, 01/05/2024 - 22:25 (edited)

I've been trying to add a procedure to an already existing vanilla block, but you can't modify Vanilla blocks. I basically need this [Example of a MODDED block and the "Triggers" tab] window (and the box on the upper left) or an alternative to do a similar thing for the vanilla block. I already tried using the "Event trigger" and the "Player right clicks block" option, but it just does the procedure on every block.

Edited by EnderGaming6805 on Fri, 01/05/2024 - 22:25
Last seen on 10:40, 30. Jul 2024
Joined Aug 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You can use the "Get Block"…
Sat, 01/06/2024 - 15:10

You can use the "Get Block" Procedure to check if the Block You're Right clicking is the Correct Block, thus not making the Procedure run on Every Blocks

Joined Jul 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I already did this, but i…
Sat, 01/06/2024 - 16:13

I already did this, but i also need to be able to check if im rightclicking there is no procedure box for that, sorry if my explanation of the problem was bad. (like i explained at the top, if i use the green box for that, the procedure happens on every block because its an GLOBAL trigger and the global trigger is overwriting the "is [Get block at x y z] the same block as ...")

Joined Aug 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
So...if I understand this…
Sat, 01/06/2024 - 16:25

So...if I understand this correctly, You want this to only happen LOCALLY and not Globally?
but I don't really understand how it's Overwriting it, I've used the same Procedure and it works for Me (Right Clicking on a Block to Re-Strip a Vanilla Log, Right Clicking to remove a Vanilla Block, etc)

if You don't mind, would You tell Me what You're gonna use this Right Clicking thing for? like what Feature are You trying to Implement? that might help Me understand Your Problem a bit

Joined Jul 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I want to make it, so that…
Sat, 01/06/2024 - 17:04

I want to make it, so that when you click on a dirt- or a grassblock, you get one of 5 random items. (the randomizing thing and everything is working, but when i use the green box and the "checking for block" thing, it doesn't just do it on the two blocks, but on every other block too) hope my english is readable...

Joined Aug 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I used this Procedure, and…
Sat, 01/06/2024 - 17:57

I used this Procedure, and it works for Me, I was only able to get the Items from Dirt and Grass Block, I tried to click Other Block and it didn't gave Me any Items, only the Dirt and Grass do.

Joined Jul 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I added the "is provided…
Sat, 01/06/2024 - 18:12

I added the "is provided world client-side = false" part and edited some of my randomizing boxes and it worked, thank you so much!

Joined Aug 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Your Welcome ;)
Sat, 01/06/2024 - 18:16

Your Welcome ;)

Last seen on 01:42, 26. Jul 2024
Joined Mar 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hey, I found this because I…
Fri, 07/26/2024 - 01:04

Hey, I found this because I had the same question, but, I need to know, is it possible to make it check when a block is mined instead of right clicked?