Help Engineering An RPG Class System

Started by JuancarlosKaiShiro on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 16:14, 24. Apr 2024
Joined Jan 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Help Engineering An RPG Class System

Hi.

So, I'm fairly new to Minecraft modding, and even newer to MCreator modding, having just installed MCreator earlier today. To start, I'm working on an extensive 1.12.2 mod which features an RPG class system at its core. For this to work, I need better understanding of player capabilities, as well as the manipulation of player attributes.

The class system features two subclasses, evolutionary classes (or something else) and skill classes. evolutionary classes are classes that are gained through some form of unnatural transformation like being turned into a vampire. Skill classes are classes gained through the study of their respective field, such as studying a tome of Necromancy to become a necromancer. For this, I need better understanding of how to manipulate player and mob entities, as well as the world.

For now, I want players to be assigned classes at random from the available list of classes, with a chance of a player not being assigned any class upon joining the world. I was wondering how to implement this logic. I was also wondering how to implement stuff like fire and lightning spells, as well as, teleportation spells which allow you to teleport to wherever you're looking.

I'm quite proficient in Java programming, but I'm an absolute noob to Minecraft modding. Any help will be highly appreciated.