Opening the wrong interface, performing the wrong task, or errors missing from the code

Started by JORON4514 on

Topic category: Troubleshooting, bugs, and solutions

Last seen on 06:55, 22. Jan 2024
Joined Mar 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Opening the wrong interface, performing the wrong task, or errors missing from the code

I ran into a problem. I have a pretty large mod. The number of elements exceeds 2,300 elements. I have a block opening one interface, there are other blocks opening another interface. Let's say these will be Blocks A and B, But when the client starts, interface A works, when starting, but the interface of another block, which should open interface B, opens interface A, at the same time, nothing can be put in the inventory cells. I checked everything, the source code of the element, which does not affect even the interface in any way, it has nothing to do with it. The second block has no procedures so that it opens the interface, the internal interface and the "Entity Block" uses interface B, although when the client starts, it does not open interface A, but does so only after Exporting the project to .jar and in the original game, the interface does not open the one that was assigned to it. There are also other blocks that open A when opening the interface, or buttons in other interfaces that also open interface A, previously everything worked correctly, but suddenly, at some point, some of the different interfaces, buttons and other things began to open GUI-A for some reason, while having no relationship to him. I searched for a solution to the problem, and I managed to find something similar. I am attaching a link. 
https://mcreator.net/forum/60562/mcreator-showing-wrong-gui-mod-element…
however, I can edit the interface, I can add buttons, and stuff, text and stuff. I followed the link that the moderator attached. But it turned out to be not working. Here is a screenshot of what I see by clicking on the link. 
https://imgur.com/a/Af7UKue
I really don't understand where the connection is, and what the problem is. Why does interface A open? The only thing I can understand why A is the only thing is that this is the very first interface that was created in the project. But why does it open? How can I fix this error?

Joined Mar 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I'm using version 2022.3
Sat, 01/20/2024 - 02:07

I'm using version 2022.3

Joined Mar 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Also, I tried to figure it…
Sat, 01/20/2024 - 02:20

Also, I tried to figure it out on my own. The fact that nothing could be put in the cells is due to the fact that somehow, the settings of the entity block in the element of the block itself have automatically changed (The option for input and output slots), I checked whether the interface that is set in the desired block is in the right block. As a result, it was possible to put and get items through the funnel, which indicates that the interface is used correctly. But there are no slots in Interface A, and when opened, it still tries to open interface A, although the experience with the funnel showed that the interface inside / programmatically is correct there, because in B there are slots that work with the comparator. I checked the source code of the element, both in the MCreator itself and through the folder of the project itself. Everything is indicated as it should be. I checked the procedures that can open interface A at least somehow, but I didn't find anything, I added a condition when A can open only if interface A can open only if this is the block that opens interface A, otherwise send a message to the player. But this did not help, and blocks B, C and some other buttons in other interfaces continue to open interface A, even those that should execute events rather than open interface A. I apologize in advance for my English (Im use google translate), 
I also want to note that I have not changed the interface of block A, B and C for a very long time. Since they were already ready, the old versions of the mod .jar show that everything worked correctly there, except for the latest and pre-latest versions, where I did not change these blocks once, but they began to open the interface A, but I think it is desirable to describe everything in detail what is happening, suddenly something will be important to understand what the problem is