Joined Jan 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
struggling with stairs textures

hello, i am creating a mod to add missing blocks into the game (stone wall, red nether brick fence that sort of thing) and i am struggling with the textures on my smooth stone stairs, i want a the same texture to be on the top, back, front and bottom but want a different texture on sides but I'm unable to add a texture to JUST the sides, when i choose stairs as the block option it locks me into just being able to use the "top" "bottom/main" and "front/sides" texture options, how do i stop this locking from happening? i also need to be able to put a different texture for both sides as i need to mirror it.

Last seen on 20:18, 25. Jul 2024
Joined Oct 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I'm not sure if you can do…
Thu, 01/25/2024 - 07:22

I'm not sure if you can do this in mcreator, you might have to make a custom model in blockbench.

Last seen on 05:41, 26. Jan 2024
Joined Jan 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
well that kind of sucks what…
Thu, 01/25/2024 - 08:24

well that kind of sucks what kinda system is that, is there a plugin that stops the texture locking?

Last seen on 20:18, 25. Jul 2024
Joined Oct 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but…
Thu, 01/25/2024 - 08:35

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think most stairs in minecraft use this system. I don't know of any plugins for this, but it should be easy to make it with blockbench.

Last seen on 05:41, 26. Jan 2024
Joined Jan 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
yeah you are correct, there…
Thu, 01/25/2024 - 09:53

yeah you are correct, there are no actual dedicated stair textures in the files, they just use the regular block texture. but than again the whole point of mods are to add more to the game so i wish i had this option