Is there any way to get a block to output a redstone signal when right clicked with a certain item?

Started by ShadowBlaze52 on

Topic category: Help with MCreator software

Last seen on 03:00, 28. Feb 2024
Joined Jan 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Is there any way to get a block to output a redstone signal when right clicked with a certain item?

Hi, I'm new with MCreator, so I don't really know how a lot of stuff works.  I want to make a keycard/keycard reader block combination so that when you right click the keycard reader block with the keycard, it outputs a redstone signal.  Is there any way to do this?

Last seen on 20:37, 26. Jul 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You can make a block have…
Mon, 01/29/2024 - 23:53

You can make a block have variable redstone power, (So in that case, you would give your keycard reader an inventory, and have it produce redstone power if the item in that inventory is a keycard), or you could make two separate keycard readers that look similar, (a powered and unpowered variant), and swap out the block if you right click it with a keycard. In either case, you can set redstone power, (constant or variable), in the 'Advanced Properties' tab.

...If you wanted to get fancy, you could also give your keycards NBT number data or something, have two input slots, (one of them locked), and then only produce a redstone signal if the inserted keycard matches the first keycard's NBT. (You could also just do the same thing with custom item names, but then it'd be really easy to just rename the item to crack the password.)