We need a tutorial for how to change block textures using blockstates for 1.20.1

Started by SHORT on

Topic category: Feature requests and ideas for MCreator

Last seen on 15:51, 5. Mar 2024
Joined Sep 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
We need a tutorial for how to change block textures using blockstates for 1.20.1

Hello everyone,

I would like to point out that perhaps modifying block textures using blockstates should already be considered a feature. Throughout these years with MCreator, it has always been necessary to search for tutorials using code on how to alter the texture, especially in the early stages. When I was a novice, I would simply duplicate blocks, but this only generates more work and can sometimes complicate rather than simplify matters. After discovering the possibility of altering textures with blockstates, I never wanted to use another method again. However, I haven't needed to do that, until now.

I have tried searching, but unfortunately, I have not found any updated tutorials for 1.20.1 that clarify how to make this modification. If you know how, please bless me with your knowledge, and Klemen, if you're reading this, please consider adding this feature to MCreator in the future.

Last seen on 17:26, 1. May 2024
Joined Feb 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I did that with a custom…
Mon, 02/12/2024 - 16:36

I did that with a custom Redstone Block in one of my cancelled Mods that if you right clicks this Block called "Redstone Sensor" or similar name then you can change the Distance of the Redstone Signal of that Block.

Maybe I can find it but it requires coding if you use MCreator.

Last seen on 15:51, 5. Mar 2024
Joined Sep 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
If you could help me by…
Fri, 02/16/2024 - 15:25

If you could help me by explaining how you did it, it would be a great help.