Need Help with hopper like block

Started by SleepyTurtle on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 03:48, 16. Feb 2024
Joined Feb 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Need Help with hopper like block

Just as the tittle says i need help with a hopper like block it works fine when its one item at a time but as soon as i drop a full stack it deletes it and adds only one any help would be appreciated :) 

in case the link doesn't work here's another one

https://imgur.com/a/dTie5nT

I am always impressed by…
Mon, 02/12/2024 - 18:46

I am always impressed by your format of procedure-telling using bullet lists hehe :D

Last seen on 00:25, 9. May 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Yeah, I've found it's a good…
Tue, 02/13/2024 - 01:01

Yeah, I've found it's a good way to visualize code in a way that's a bit easier for people to follow. I mean, the better way is just to make the procedure and take a picture of it, but I kinda try to encourage people to work it out for themselves. Teaching a guy to fish and all that. =)

Last seen on 03:48, 16. Feb 2024
Joined Feb 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
procedure keeps repeating…
Tue, 02/13/2024 - 14:34

procedure keeps repeating the if statement over and over idk what i did wrong it does add them up if they are not over the max stack tho

here's the picture of the code: https://imgur.com/a/uzJyIEV

Last seen on 00:25, 9. May 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
While loops can pretty…
Thu, 02/15/2024 - 20:13

While loops can pretty easily crash the game if they for some reason don't meet their end condition. In this case, I think it likely has something to do with 'saved size.' It might also be running into problems with multiple items? I would also check not if the target entity is an item, (I mean, obviously check that), but also if the entity iterator is still alive. (Even if the entity iterator is despawned, it is still an item, and the condition will still be true.) It may be worth trying to use a repeat function instead, set to repeat based on the number of items in the stack.