Hook ranged item/ block placement from all directions help [Solved]

Started by JPZamps on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 19:26, 26. Apr 2024
Joined Dec 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hook ranged item/ block placement from all directions help [Solved]
Thu, 03/07/2024 - 17:00 (edited)

I am trying to make a throw able hook for my mod, the part where the hook extend itself to the botton block is already done and working fine, what i am really in a struggle is when the entity hit the block, the ideia is that the player can throw the item and them when it hits a block it will place the rope item that will extend it self, but that is only working on 2 directions, whenever it comes from north for example it place on behind the intended block, The only way it works, is that if the rope has no where else to be placed, that can work on mountains an such, but in a wall the rope will be placed on the other side, and that makes no sense of course

The image below shows very well whats happening

Here below is my procedure for when bullet/entity/Ranged item hits the a block

Can please someone tell me what i am doing wrong here? i already try for hours to make it work 

Edited by JPZamps on Thu, 03/07/2024 - 17:00
Last seen on 19:26, 26. Apr 2024
Joined Dec 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I was able to figure it out,…
Thu, 03/07/2024 - 17:02

I was able to figure it out, i just make the projectile look what are his direction when it hits the block, using N/S/W/E, if someone wants the procedure just ask, it works for trying placing blocks with projectile. it is not perfect, but works just fine