• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I'm confused about how mixins work with MCreator
Mon, 04/01/2024 - 11:01 (edited)

Hi there,

I'm very new to MCreator, only started yesterday to play around with it, so I might be missing some obvious things. Although I have not really found any topics or wikis that address this. I'm using MCreator 2023.4 and created a workspace with the current version (1.10) of https://github.com/Goldorion/Fabric-Generator-MCreator.

I wanted to do some fancy stuff with the player camera and quickly realized that this won't be possible with the tools provided by the MCreator or the generator I'm using and that I would have to use some advanced tech like mixins. I realized that after I created an item, the mixin folder, a RepairItemRecipeMixin.java and a *.mixins.json were automatically created.

Reading up on mixins online I understand that I can create my own Mixin.java, but I also have to register it in the *.mixins.json. And this is where it gets confusing.

If I edit the *mixins.json, add my newly created Mixin.java and run the client, the *.mixins.json will be automatically recreated / overwritten by MCreator and my custom mixin I added will be removed from it. Now if I change the file on my file system, make it read-only and start the client, my mixin won't be removed from the json and it will work ingame just like I want it to.

After searching the internet for a while I could not find any information on how to properly add or register mixins in MCreator. It confuses me, that some workspace elements seem to automatically add mixins and register them, but that there is no manual way to do it, unless you put a write protection on the json file that registers the mixins.

Am I missing something here or is this simply not supported by MCreator?

Edited by stuffenheimer on Mon, 04/01/2024 - 11:01
The support for mixins…
Mon, 04/01/2024 - 19:44

The support for mixins depends on the generator you use.

Since you are using third party generator, I would recommend getting in touch with the plugin author :)

Last seen on 20:33, 3. Apr 2024
Joined Apr 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Ok that makes sense. Thank…
Mon, 04/01/2024 - 20:12

Ok that makes sense. Thank you for the information, I will try to get in touch with them :)