Can't create armor

Started by Santa Matt on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 20:16, 17. Jun 2024
Joined Jul 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Can't create armor

Creating a new power armor. Did a rough model for a proof of concept. Made the model in BlockBench, imported it, added procedures compiled worked great even if it looked poor. Started new workspace created better model, better texture. added (imported) procedures from POC workspace. Went to compile workspace. got six of these errors. 

"> Task :compileJava FAILED
C:\Users\matthowe\MCreatorWorkspaces\forge_ultra_armor\src\main\java\net\mcreator\forgeultraarmor\ForgeUltraArmorMod.java:53: error: cannot find symbol public static <T> void addNetworkMessage(Class<T> messageType, BiConsumer<T, FriendlyByteBuf> encoder, Function<FriendlyByteBuf, T> decoder, BiConsumer<T, Supplier<NetworkEvent.Context>> messageConsumer) {" 

I have tried 1.20.4 neoforge and 1.20.1 forge with and with out custom model. My last try was a simple texture change of stock armor same error. No matter what version I try, anything that involves armor gives the error. I've read a hundred pages followed half a dozen tutorials. Although my java is pretty weak. I am a retired dev and understand a number of languages and the concept of classes. But like I said, my java is too weak for me to go in and hand edit it. Let me know what you need to see and I'll upload it.

Santa Matt

Joined Jul 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How about when making a new…
Thu, 05/16/2024 - 18:48

How about when making a new armor off an old/stock armor? No BlockBench involved. Not my first choice but a retextured stock armor model would work, But I can't get that to work. Start with a blank new workspace, create custom textures, create a new armor using the default model, still get the same error?!?

Do you have any plugins…
Fri, 05/17/2024 - 16:10

Do you have any plugins presence. A bug in e.g. geckloib plugin could cause this too

Joined Jul 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
OK, so I decided to reload…
Sat, 05/18/2024 - 03:46

OK, so I decided to reload MCreator in case some files had become contaminated from all of my fumbling around. Get new download, install new download install fails! after much digging and file utilities, I found a file "modules" locked by orphaned JDK thread. I killed the thread re-installed and . . . everything works! I thank you for your time and help in this issue, I am well down the road to my Ultra Armor mod.

Santa Matt