• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Witchworks: A few questions!
Mon, 06/24/2024 - 17:06 (edited)

Witchworks, my mod, is over here.

This is one of those "does loads of stuff" magic mods, and everything in it tests as working at least decently well at this point, but there are some particular things I'd like feedback on (most of which you can get a sense of pretty quickly in creative mode, I think?):

1. Right now, the in-game documentation shows you all the recipes for all the items, but the mod doesn't "give recipes to the player" for the (standard minecraft) quick-use recipe book, except for the recipe for the in-game documentation block.  If you poke at it for a minute: Would you want the mod to dump those recipes into the book?  Would you want a button in the documentation for "Put all recipes in recipe book"?  Would you want it per-item?

2. Throw down an Altar, grab a big stack of blocks, and toss them into the Altar; see how the GUI and mechanic work.  How do you feel about the speed of it?  If I made it slower, it'd show off the nice interface more, and give you more reason to go "I'll dump this stuff in, and come back later", but it'd be....  you know, slower.

3. The current plan for development is to keep tinkering on what's already present to make it prettier and ever-better-working, and expand by adding some light ruins out in the world, with some treasures (to give another reason to go exploring on your broom), plus adding some enchantments and potions that are also about XP manipulation or otherwise connect to the modstuff.  Opinions on and ideas on that front would be very welcome!

Edited by Levi Kornelsen on Mon, 06/24/2024 - 17:06
Last seen on 02:18, 7. Jul 2024
Joined Jun 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
i would recommend to make…
Wed, 06/26/2024 - 16:22

i would recommend to make some earlier game things, as you cannot progress in witchcraft until you've gotten to the NETHER.

Last seen on 17:01, 18. Jul 2024
Joined Mar 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
But....  That's...  Not true…
Fri, 06/28/2024 - 17:55

But....  That's...  Not true?

Witchweed, the plant that the documentation tells you to go find right at the start, is a source of glowstone dust.

Last seen on 17:01, 18. Jul 2024
Joined Mar 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
(Am making it extremely…
Fri, 06/28/2024 - 20:23

(Am making it extremely clear in the Docs that this is the case, though; it's possible to miss that if you don't go looking in the docs for for "Why do I want witchweed?  What's that about?")