Creating a Nametag Easter Egg for a mob

Started by LiffeyGif on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 00:33, 13. Aug 2024
Joined Jul 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Creating a Nametag Easter Egg for a mob

Hello there! I'm fairly-new to MCreator (starting maybe around 2 days ago in fact)

Currently, I'm making a miscellaneous tester mod where I'm creating and making features from things I'm interested in, which at the moment is the Trotters from Honkai Star Rail (Topaz interacting with Numby was just too cute!).

Ahem. Anyways, I was trying to create a nametag easter-egg where if you name a Trotter "Numby" it'll get a different skin.

I don't know how to do that.

I looked for a few tutorials and found one from two years ago that looked like it would help a lot. In the comments there was a reply from tetch_wolf about this custom code. Only issue was the fact that the actual image is corrupted/unable to load, as is the case with lots of the old posts.

I went to tetch_wolf's account to see if I could find a similar tutorial on their profile page, and lo and behold I did, but all of the images are corrupted there, too -_-.

I'm using MCreator 2023.1 if that helps matters at all.

TL;DR:

I need to find some way to create a nametag easter egg, wherein naming my mobs something swaps their model and/or skin, for MCreator version 2023.1