Arrow Sound on Projectile Hit?

Started by Memebassador on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 21:12, 4. Sep 2024
Joined Feb 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Arrow Sound on Projectile Hit?

So there are a couple other topics for this, here's one: https://mcreator.net/tracker/issue/52949

Basically, all I want is for my projectile to hit something without making a bow sound. I guess this isn't possible without going into the code itself? I went inside the code for the projectile and the code for the procedure triggered by the projectile hitting a block, and I can't even find an instance of a bow sound being played in either snippet.

Maybe I just need to have my "projectile" be a living entity instead. It's never supposed to be fired, only dropped vertically, and then do something when it hits the ground. Ideally the projectile would just be a particle but there is probably no procedure for when a particle hits a block (and I couldn't figure out how to make a summoned particle "drop" anyway via commands).

Any advice? Thanks.

Last seen on 01:52, 4. Aug 2024
Joined Jan 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
then make it a living entity…
Fri, 07/26/2024 - 22:16

then make it a living entity instead. simply make an entity with the model you want, and give it no AI. don't make it a flying mob, and give it 1 health so it just dies instantly. (no death animation if you use geckolib). this should work and if ou want it to interact with a player or block, just use the procedures.

Last seen on 11:33, 7. Sep 2024
Joined Apr 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
are you using an old…
Sat, 07/27/2024 - 00:42

are you using an old MCreator version? My projectiles never make bow sounds when they hit something

Joined Feb 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Mopru: Yeah that would work,…
Sat, 07/27/2024 - 18:19

Mopru: Yeah that would work, I was more asking this question because I thought the behavior was odd and if I want to make an actual projectile in the future, I would have to deal with this issue then.

bo_bo: I am not,  I am on 2024.2. The only sound I was allowed to add was that of the projectile being fired not when it impacts, and I don't even hear that sound (granted it's soft, it's the bubble column bubble pop sound).

Joined Feb 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
So does anyone have any…
Wed, 07/31/2024 - 03:14

So does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this? I physically cannot make any projectile not make an arrow twang noise on hit.