Is there a way to implement more "player-like" behavior in hostile mobs

Started by PlexelPlayer747 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 11:56, 11. Sep 2024
Joined Jun 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Is there a way to implement more "player-like" behavior in hostile mobs
Sat, 08/24/2024 - 12:46 (edited)

Hi, I know this is probably gonna be a really big ask, so I will split this into 3-4 columns going from most basic and more advanced asks. I would greatly appreciate if anybody could help with even one of these requests. If you do find a way to do these requests, please send a screenshot of the code/block layouts and/or AI properties (if important), but otherwise thanks so much. Alright time to cut to the chase.

I am making a mod that adds player-like entities that perform similar combat to those seen in PvP Scenarios. And I would like a little bit of help, even if its a plugin link to a screenshot.

I have made some requests, and I would like to know how to solve them or be able to achieve them with some help so that it not only aids me, but also aids people who are looking to do things like this. Thanks so much if you read this far, and I'm sorry this is a very chunky post. But here are my problems/questions/requests:

1: More Advanced AI Settings

So like I stated, the current AI selection of variables or goals is very limited. There's not much that I can do or that's what I currently know. Would there be a plugin or add-on that I would install that gives better AI functions and makes the mob AI overall more configurable and editable, or does this already exist? If you do have an answer, please send a template or anything really.

2: Making Sprinting Hostile/Angered Mobs to Move in a Straight Line 

So currently, all the mobs that I've added still use this strange vanilla-mob movement technique. I don't have a video right now, so I will try to describe. Let's say a mob is sprinting to a target, basically the problem here is the fact that it runs at a different angle of the target, then changes, which causes the mobs to sprint in a weird strafing motion. Like it's moving from side to side. I honestly just want to know how to make a mob sprint in a straight line without slowing the mob down.

3: Allowing Mobs to Use Shields

Now there is a few mods that used MCCreator that have entities that use shields. And I think this would make the mod that I'm developing really that much better. Any help would be great thanks. Also, if you've read this far, thank you.

3: Making Mobs Perform Critical-Hits

I'm not sure whether it's as simple as making a mob jump and hit at the same time, or changing some combat attributes. But if this requires a special block setup or plugin, I'm all in for it as long as you can send it, because this will be a massive help.

4: Allowing Mobs to Sprint-Jump to Their Targets

Like I mean, there are some mobs that can pounce like wolves or spiders that move in a way similar to sprint jumping, although when I tried this they ended up jumping at a strange angle or rarely even jumping at all. Honestly, I feel like this should go with making mobs move straight so that I doesn't look weird.

5: Allowing Mobs to Use Bows

Okay I know this is already possible, but the bow/crossbow animation for some reason does not play and I would like to know how to do this. I've seen other MCCreator mods do this with mobs, but I'm not sure how to do this myself. So any existing YouTube video or even a description on how to get it working would be amazing thanks.

6 [Extra]: Allowing Mobs to Build Things

This is probably one of the most difficult ones, so this is just in curiosity. But would there be a way for a mob to build structures or place blocks. Now by build structures and place blocks, I don't mean build the Eiffel Tower type stuff. I mean things like tower up when health is low (possible independent variable), build walls if being bowed or is using ranged attacks, being able to build things like bigger walls in groups, maybe even placing end crystals and blowing them up. Honestly, this doesn't have to be answered, but is someone does have one, I would like to know.

But either way, this is a very big ask, and I'm sorry those of you who read through this entire thing. If you have an answer, please post it with a screenshot or tutorial, which not only will help me, but also other people who are browsing for answers like this. But otherwise, thank you all so much.

Edited by PlexelPlayer747 on Sat, 08/24/2024 - 12:46