I am working on the MCreator 2024.2 version and on the generator version 1.20.1 and I am creating a flamethrower...

Started by IGOR2012_G on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 12:44, 15. Sep 2024
Joined Sep 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I am working on the MCreator 2024.2 version and on the generator version 1.20.1 and I am creating a flamethrower...
Tue, 09/10/2024 - 05:53 (edited)

I am working on the MCreator 2024.2 version and on the generator version 1.20.1 and I am creating a flamethrower there since so far this is the first version of the mod I want to make sure that if the player has it in his inventory he does not need cartridges, I created a projectile tied it to the flamethrower everything works as it should, it shoots there is a recharge, it sets mobs on fire, a particle appears but when I switch to survival mode, it does not shoot, and since I thought that by choosing air in the creation of the projectile, the flamethrower would not need projectiles to shoot, I did so, but even when I use the command to give myself air in survival mode, the flamethrower does not shoot

Edited by IGOR2012_G on Tue, 09/10/2024 - 05:53
Last seen on 06:16, 17. Sep 2024
Joined Apr 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
you have to manually create…
Tue, 09/10/2024 - 15:04

you have to manually create a procedure that shoots the projectile when the player clicks with the item

Last seen on 07:34, 17. Sep 2024
Joined Apr 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Never, NEVER do weird things…
Wed, 09/11/2024 - 14:16

Never, NEVER do weird things such as using air as the item for a projectile... it does not count as the item you need to shoot it since ranged items don't exist anymore in MCreator. It will, however, probably define the texture of the projectile.

Putting air in there just overcomplicates the whole matter. Just make a normal item for the flamethrower, and then make a procedure to shoot the projectile you created when right clicking. In procedure blocks, there's an whole section dedicated to projectile procedures. Take a look, it's very easy.