how to make custom pickaxe destroy in a 3x3 area

Started by Takan on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 22:46, 16. Sep 2024
Joined Sep 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
how to make custom pickaxe destroy in a 3x3 area

I am making a mod that adds custom foods and tools, and when i was making a custom pickaxe, i wanted to make it mine in a 3x3 area, but i don't know how to make it do that! If anyone knows how to do this, pls help me.

Last seen on 13:00, 18. Sep 2024
Joined Jul 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Get block mined by the…
Sun, 09/15/2024 - 00:40

Get block mined by the pickaxe initially x y z then get blocks at x+1 y z, x+1 y z+1 etc. Get the coords for the area you want and destroy the blocks. Replace with air and spawn the item. You would need to get the block at each coord to get the item that needs to drop, unless the pickaxe is only mining stone. If so then make it so the initial block mined has to be stone for the 3x3 mining to happen.

Last seen on 22:46, 16. Sep 2024
Joined Sep 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
i honestly have been looking…
Sun, 09/15/2024 - 02:14

i honestly have been looking for hours and can't find how to get the xyz of the mined block, i'll search up a tutorial but if you could give me any further help, it would be appreciated

thank you for telling me what to do though!

Last seen on 13:00, 18. Sep 2024
Joined Jul 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Use trigger when block…
Sun, 09/15/2024 - 03:52

Use trigger when block destroyed by tool. Then use procedure block, block data get block at x y z. The input x y z in that trigger is the x y z of the mined block. Then you can check if block is stone etc and then get block at x+1 y z and so on for your area like I said above and spawn item at each location.