How can I create a mob spawn like golem's spawn method

Started by medvedik_42 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 19:22, 18. Sep 2024
Joined Sep 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How can I create a mob spawn like golem's spawn method

I have seen 2 guides about this theme, but in forge 1.20.1 it isn't the same. Can somebody help me?

Last seen on 01:51, 19. Sep 2024
Joined Jul 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Depends on what blocks you…
Thu, 09/19/2024 - 01:34

Depends on what blocks you want to use to make the golem. If its custom blocks, or at least one custom block. Make the custom block a block entity and make it tick. Then on block update (example of making iron golem) check for block at x y-1 z = iron block, block at x-1 y-1 z = iron block, block at x+1 y-1 z = iron block, block at x y-2 z = iron block, if all = true then remove blocks at said locations and spawn entity (iron golem). You would also need to check which way the block is facing. Eg if it is facing north or south, which is the z axis. Then the arm blocks will be at x-1 and x+1, whereas if the block is facing the east or west, which is the x axis, then the arm blocks will be at z-1 z+1. May have gotten those axis mixed up cant remember. So you would make two sets of procedures depending on which axis the golem is being made on. That is if the shape has arms, if its a snow golem looking one then you dont need that and you only need to check for block at x y-1 z and x y-2 z.