Joined Sep 2013
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
What if MCreator implemented...

...a way to change and mess around with the properties of blocks already in vanilla Minecraft?

Last seen on 22:33, 15. Sep 2018
Joined Oct 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
changing the properties would
Fri, 01/13/2017 - 03:10

changing the properties would be great if it were legal which i am not sure about because i got very confused

Last seen on 19:01, 30. May 2022
Joined Dec 2013
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
RE:changing the properties would
Fri, 01/13/2017 - 03:37

I think anything to do with Modding and/or changing properties of vanilla items is in a extremely Grey area.

Last seen on 17:25, 8. May 2018
Joined Aug 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
RE:RE:changing the properties would
Thu, 02/09/2017 - 10:09

@#14 Uhh are you an moderator? It's not about these illegal things, just I saw your Profile Picture :/

Joined Dec 2013
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
RE:RE:RE:changing the properties would
Thu, 02/09/2017 - 10:52

Yes I am a Moderator, I am simply stating what I think about the code and what im getting from it. Obviously I may be wrong, but in the end getting an editor like this has a very low chance as the Admin does no posses time to work on separate projects at the current time.

Last seen on 19:38, 5. Oct 2018
Joined Apr 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You can change the block
Thu, 02/09/2017 - 17:54

You can change the block texture and the name of the block/items in the .lang data so it looks like its a new block

Joined Dec 2013
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Klemens Opinion (The Admin of this site)
Sat, 02/11/2017 - 09:20

I decided to obtain Klemens opinion regarding this forum. He has responded with this, Please Perceive this as HIS OPINION AND IN NO WAY IS A 100% FACTUAL STATEMENT AS HE IS NOT A LAWYER

"I can't give you a definite answer and this will also only be my opinion. Modding Minecraft is in a gray area but is considered legal (at least as long as mods are not for commercial use, as Mojang is pretty strict regarding commercial use of Minecraft related products/services, check their Minecraft TOS if you didn't already). Now regarding modding vanilla items/blocks, I would say it can be as legal as adding new elements to the game, but only if they are modified using hooks. This means (in programming) that you don't modify their code and distribute it with your mod (compiled or not) as this is most likely illegal, but you can hook to events or use reflection to modify them on the fly, so the original code remains intact and all changes are defined in your own code. In such case, your mod is as any other mod that didn't directly modify the source code, but only hooked to it. Just one last note, I am not a lawyer so don't take this as a reliable answer, but rather as an opinion."

Klemen is the Admin of MCreator.pylo.co and is the sole starter of MCreator with his Brother helping here and there and some extra outside help. The above quoted section is as stated a mere opinion.