How to make a block/item spawn a custom mob.

Started by Zimby_Potato128 on Tue, 07/18/2017 - 22:03

Topic category: Help with MCreator modding

Last seen on 16:58, 20. Jul 2017
Joined Jul 2017
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
How to make a block/item spawn a custom mob.
Tue, 07/18/2017 - 22:03

I wanted to create a mod with just one mob and one item, the item being the spawn egg(or a block). But when i select spawn entity it only shows an option for id's. What do i do?!?!

Last seen on 11:43, 6. Dec 2018
Joined Oct 2015
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
Mcreator makes Spawn Eggs for
Wed, 07/19/2017 - 07:04

Mcreator makes Spawn Eggs for you, with things like custom colours, as part of the Mob creation system.

Joined Jul 2017
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
RE:Mcreator makes Spawn Eggs for
Wed, 07/19/2017 - 15:21

Thanks! But how do i make spawners?@#1

Last seen on 21:03, 19. Aug 2019
Joined Jun 2016
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
Which version of MCreator are
Wed, 07/19/2017 - 16:23

Which version of MCreator are you using?
For seeing IDs, search they in Minecraft Wiki and for custom mobs there is an option of MCreator

Joined Jul 2017
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
RE:Which version of MCreator are
Wed, 07/19/2017 - 16:53

im using minecraft 1.7.10 and mcreator 1.7.2 and there is no option for custom mobs.

Last seen on 15:48, 24. Oct 2018
Joined May 2018
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
sorry for necro posting, i…
Thu, 05/10/2018 - 22:17

sorry for necro posting, i thought i'd clear this up for other people who have this problem.

to make a mob spawner:

1: spawn the mob in a world and mark the location.  (e.g place a dimond block and spawn the mob on it)

2: go to mcedit and find the spot you marked and target the 2 air blocks that the mob you spawned would be, and export schematic. (note: you will not see the mob)

3: create a block, stop at the events section and set tick rate (how fast your mob will spawn) select UpdateTick, and select place schematic, and pick the schematic that you created for the mob. (you might want to tinker with the Tickrate)

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

TO MAKE A ITEM THAT RIGHTCLICKED SPAWNS A MOB:

1: spawn the mob in a world and mark the location.  (e.g place a dimond block and spawn the mob on it)

2: go to mcedit and find the spot you marked, break the block under the mob and target the 3 air blocks (the one under the mob as well) that the mob you spawned would be, and export schematic. (note: you will not see the mob)

3: create an item, stop at the events section select WhenRightClickedOnBlock, and select place schematic, and pick the schematic that you created for the mob.

hope this helped!