Topic category: Help with MCreator software
- Is there a way to build a custom mob and introduce it to the game world? For instance, is there a way of making a new model, making it behave a certain way, giving it drops, and having it spawn in certain areas and at certain times?
- Is there a way to introduce randomly generated structures- temples and such- to the game and biomes?
- Is there a way of creating trees that aren't just taller or shorter oaks? Can something like a willow or redwood be given spawn rules, its own wood and leaves, its own shape, etc.? If so, how?
- Can dimensions be given more than one biome?
If anyone can help me with these things and be as specific as possible, that would be amazing! I haven't been able to find this information elsewhere, and instructions I have found are outdated or use programs that no longer exist. Thanks!
1. Yes their is a way to make a custom mob with a custom model, drops, behavior, and spawn location. Use techne for the model and create the texture youself. As for the other things well if you make a mob you'll see them but your also limited on what you can do.
2. Yes you can create structures and add new biomes, however structures cant be too big and biome customization is limited. Build the structure and open the world you built it in with mcedit and export it into a schematic file then add it in mcreator. As for biome if you know how to make a block using mcreator you'll know how to make a biome.
3. The only way to get a custom tree is if you build it yourself and export it into a schematic file using mcedit, it can be buggy though and most of the time wont work out the way you want it (atleast from my experience) other than that you can only make taller or shorter oaks. As for its wood and leaves just make blocks for them?
4. Yes dimensions can be given more than one biome you just make a dimension itll ask you for the biomes you want in the process.
Hope that this makes sense and goodluck with whatever your trying to do.
Thanks, but techne is one of the things I can't find. The site that had the program doesn't have it for download, and I can't find it anywhere.
The trees have a different issue. Custom blocks never show as options for trees, and it limits my wood choices to oak and acacia. What am I missing?
@#2 I've never had a problem where custom blocks arent shown for options so I can help you with that, as for your wood choices being oak and acacia thats just how mcreator is unfortunately srry.
As for techne http://justgameinmods.weebly.com/techne.html you can download it from there.
Thanks for that! That'll make things a bit easier.
Now to figure out mcedit... :P
BTW, your biome mod looks absolutely awesome! I can't wait to check it out! Those sorts of things were what I wanted to do the most when I made my mod initially- and the things that give me the most issues. Hopefully, this will help!
@#5 Thanks although im starting all over with it though hopefully it'll be better this time.
Ill defintely check out your mod it looks great!
Heh, thanks! It was a good first try, I think, but the more I look at it, the more I think I'll be starting my next modding excursion from scratch. There's just too much I want to do!
@#7 To find your own custom tree block press 'Mod' up where it also says 'Items' and 'Blocks'.
Hope that helped.
Ah, I'll have to check that out. Thank you!