How to make something like a custom furnace?

Started by MahdiGamer145 on

Topic category: General discussion

Last seen on 08:44, 21. Nov 2019
Joined May 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How to make something like a custom furnace?
Sat, 06/02/2018 - 13:05 (edited)

Ummm I am very new and I am having difficulties with procedures and gui's and so can u guys tell me how can I make custom furnace.

Edited by MahdiGamer145 on Sat, 06/02/2018 - 13:05
Last seen on 17:49, 25. Mar 2021
Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You can make a new furnace…
Tue, 06/12/2018 - 09:15

You can make a new furnace but you can't make it wait for cook things because local variables reset every tick and global variables are world-dependent.

To make everything easier, I'll cal procedure blocks (the ones like "place block", "explode" or "set gamemode") "events".

1-Make a block (furnace)

2-Add inventory to it (3 slots)

3-Make a GUI. Bind it to the custom furnace block you made using its inventory

4-Add 2 input slots and an output slot to the GUI. If you want, add some images (an arrow and a fire maybe)

5-Make a procedure. Add  this event: "Open provided GUI to the provided player: (the GUI that you made for the furnace)" (I don't remember well the name of the events that opens the gui)

6-Edit your block. Go to "when block right-clicked" and add your procedure there

Part 2 of the comment coming soon (the page can reload and I don't want to write everything again)

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
7- Add another procedure. …
Tue, 06/12/2018 - 09:28

7- Add another procedure.

(don't use GUI events for this, only block modifications)

Add these events

If

(get number of items from slot 2 of block at x, y, z if it has got inventory < 64)

Do

If

[(get item from slot 0 of block at x, y, z if it has got inventory == minecraft component (choose the item/block to smelt and be sure to use the minecraft component with both the arrow and the cube images in it) AND (get item from slot 1 of block at x, y, z if ut has got inventory == minecraft component (choose the fuel, it can be a custom item or a Minecraft item)

Do

If

[(get item from slot 2 of block at x, y, z if it has got inventory == minecraft component (air)) OR (get item from slot 2 of block at x, y, z if it has got inventory == minecraft component (the item that you get when smelting)

Do

Set items ( (get number of items in slot 2 of block at x, y, z) + (1) ) to slot 2 of block at x, y, z it it has got inventory (the item that you get when smelting)

Remove 1 item from slot 0 of block at x, y, z if it has got inventory

Remove 1 item from slot 1 of block at x, y, z if it has got inventory

PART 3 COMING SOON

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
8- Link this procedure to…
Tue, 06/12/2018 - 09:32

8- Link this procedure to the "on block tick" event.

If you want you can make the tick rate bigger so the process is slower (the tick rate by default is 20,so 1 second because 20 ticks = 1 second)

9- if you want that your block can smelt more things just copy all the stuff of the second procedure and change the items in the minecraft component

If you want you can see Pylo's last mcreator video that shows some very useful tips on procedures like this

I hope it was useful

Sorry for bad English and bad explanation :(

Last seen on 07:15, 26. Dec 2020
Joined Mar 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How do you change the block…
Mon, 06/18/2018 - 21:14

How do you change the block tick rate?

Last seen on 07:15, 26. Dec 2020
Joined Mar 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Nevermind I was being blind
Mon, 06/18/2018 - 21:16

Nevermind I was being blind

Last seen on 20:04, 26. Oct 2021
Joined May 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You seem pretty knowledgable…
Thu, 05/07/2020 - 11:35

You seem pretty knowledgable. Is there a way i can change the furnace skin so if the inventory is exitied you can see it smelting? Also, although less important, can the fire and arrow be animated in the furnace inventory?

Last seen on 23:14, 16. Jun 2020
Joined Jun 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hey just wondering did you…
Tue, 06/16/2020 - 22:57

Hey just wondering did you get an answer for this? If you watch this video he shows it at 7:54 

https://youtu.be/bakTMAZO7O0?t=474