Joined Jul 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How do crops work?

In MCreator 1.7.9 for minecraft 1.12.2 there is a version of the plant block called growable plant and I can't figure out how it works. I can see that it has 3 yellow slots on it but they don't do anything and I cant get it to work. I'm mostly trying to use it for crops but it would also be nice to figure out how I can make it work for saplings and other types of growable plants.

Last seen on 17:49, 25. Mar 2021
Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I don't know what you mean…
Thu, 07/05/2018 - 18:48

I don't know what you mean with the growable plant with 3 yellow slots, but I can tell you how to make crops and saplings.

Saplings:

Saplings are very easy to make: just make a block, enable cutout transparency, set material to plant and change the tick rate (that by default is 10). The maximum is 500 (25 seconds, 20 ticks = 1 second), but you can edit it further trough coding.

Now make a procedure. Use a spawn schematic thing (I don't remember if this was readded with procedures from events, if you can't find it, just use some place blocks things with if conditions that check for air blocks)

Now bind that procedure to the tick rate event of the block.

Ps: due to a bug, everytime you edit a block, its tick rate is reset to 10 so remember to change it again when you edit the sapling!

Tutorial on crops coming soon

Sorry for bad English

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
For making the crops, you…
Thu, 07/05/2018 - 19:08

For making the crops, you need to make a block for every stage.

So let's say your block has 4 stages: 3 growing stages and 1 grown stage.

Now make the blocks, change the tick rate, make them cutout transparent and set the material to plant (it's very important: without plant material blocks can't be placed on farmland).

Now make a procedure for the first stage of the block.

Simply use this procedure block :

Place block at x, y, z (next crops stage)

Now bind this procedure to the first stage of the crops at the tick rate trigger.

Now make a procedure for every stage of crops (and bind them to the correct stages).

Now you have working crops.

I suggest you to add these custom drops to crops: all the stages except the final one drop air (nothing) and the final stage drops a custom item.

You can make seeds. Just make an item, enable that it can randomly be got as grass seed and bind to its right-click on block trigger an

"If (get block at x, y, z = farmland) do {

If ( get block at x, y+1,z = air) do {

add block at x, y+1,z (crops stage 1),

remove 1 item (seeds) from player

}

}

Again, sorry for my weird English

I hope it helped

Last seen on 09:54, 26. Oct 2022
Joined Jul 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
What I meant is that just…
Thu, 07/05/2018 - 20:07

What I meant is that just like you can make a block or item you can also make a plant and the first thing you choose is if it is a growable plant or not. But I can't find any difference between the growable and non-growable versions since all the settings are the exact same no matter which you choose.

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Ah, now I get what you meant…
Thu, 07/05/2018 - 20:56

Ah, now I get what you meant, sorry. By making plants using the plant mod element you get a plant block that generates in the world just like tall grass and flowers. If I remember well, using "growable plant" makes the plant like sugar cane.

If you want to make saplings or crops you need to use block mod element, not plant.

Last seen on 09:54, 26. Oct 2022
Joined Jul 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Ohh it's sugar cane, that…
Thu, 07/05/2018 - 21:08

Ohh it's sugar cane, that makes so much more sense. Thank you! (also I knew that I could make plants with the block element but I thought I wanted to ask if it was possible with the plant one first).