• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Eonaut's "Retirement"
Sat, 07/07/2018 - 20:16

It is with great sadness that I announce that I, Eonaut, will no longer be making/updating mods with MCreator after the end of this year. This is due to two reasons: 1- I simply will not have the time to work on mods and 2- with the new updates to MCreator completely changing how events, mob AI, etc. function in the program, I do not have the time or desire to re-learn how to use the program. 

I have just published my third and final mod, Fate/Craft, and while I have no plans to release further updates to it, I would like to try to release one final update for Hodge-Podge II and Natural Woods before the end of the year.

I don't particularly want to just let these mods "die", so I am debating whether to upload the mcr files for anyone to use, or to give them to a successor, and so I would like to hold a vote in the comments section. If there is more in favor of having the mcr available, then I will kindly ask that two things happen: 1- I, Eonaut, am listed as the original creator, and 2- updates become a community project. I don't particularly want there to end up being hundreds of splinter versions of the same mod out there., but I  know I can't really stop it.

If nobody says anything, or the results tie, I will attempt to give the mcrs to a successor I think will do a good job with them.

Thanks for everything the MCreator community and developers have done. Happy modding.

-Eonaut 

Last seen on 11:41, 17. Oct 2020
Joined Jun 2016
User points:

User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
It's sad that you stopped…
Thu, 07/12/2018 - 12:55

It's sad that you stopped making mods :(. Your mods were some of the best mods ever made in MCreator.

Last seen on 15:08, 20. Oct 2020
Joined Feb 2016
User points:

User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Personnaly, I think you…
Fri, 07/13/2018 - 19:59

Personnaly, I think you should give them to a successor because if you distribute it  for free, no one is gonna work anymore on their own mods and it's gonna ruin the tool.

Last seen on 11:40, 22. Oct 2020
Joined Feb 2015
User points:

User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Noooooo. Your mods were…
Fri, 07/13/2018 - 20:16

Noooooo. Your mods were amazing.  

Also  you should give the mcr file privately.

But still it's sad to see you go.  

Last seen on 00:36, 3. Mar 2020
Joined Sep 2017
User points:

User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Do not put them out for…
Sat, 07/14/2018 - 03:17

Do not put them out for everyone. People will take all the credit for it, this is why I have not posted mcr files even when people have asked for them as tutorials. There will always be those kinds of people.

Last seen on 19:48, 22. Oct 2020
Joined Apr 2010
User points:

User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
It is sad to hear this. I…
Sat, 07/14/2018 - 15:01

It is sad to hear this. I hope you had a lot of fun using MCreator and that you learned a thing or two while doing this. Sharing workspaces would be a nice thing so your work doesn't die.

I hope we will see you again in the future as MCreator grows :)

Last seen on 23:44, 18. Aug 2019
Joined Apr 2016
User points:

User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
@Klemen: I really enjoyed…
Sun, 07/22/2018 - 22:48

@Klemen:

I really enjoyed using MCreator, and I am extremely glad you developed such a wonderful program. Perhaps in the future I will be back; I know that depending on how soon MCreator gets updated to 1.13 I will definitely try to update my mods before I go.

Based on feedback so far, I'm going to give the mcrs to a certain person/people I believe will keep the legacy alive. (Once I determine who that will be)