Joined Apr 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
MCreator update suggestions

Hi. As you may have noticed, there isn't an updated version of MCreator for 1.13.
I don't know if it's possible to get an update out faster, but here are some suggestions.

• The code format for Minecraft hasn't changed, so having an early version that works the same as for 1.12, but creates mods compatable for 1.13 could be an easy way to let modders create mods for 1.13, even though you can't create anything that directly applies to 1.13.
  • The snapshots for a new Minecraft version usually start coming out about 6 months in advance. If you were to start creating a new version, based on what the snapshots bring, you could get out a new version of MCreator a month or two earlier.

Again, I don't really know how an update works, so I don't know if either of these are possible, but they are simply some suggestions.

Last seen on 22:13, 3. Apr 2024
Joined Aug 2013
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You have to realize first,…
Wed, 08/08/2018 - 15:04

You have to realize first, that MCreator is not dependent just on Minecraft itself. MCreator uses, like most mods today, Minecraft Forge for making mods mutually compatible,etc.. (More information about this you can find on some official pages/posts of Minecraft Forge). Also, Minecraft Forge is dependent on MCP (Minecraft Coder Pack) and its mappings. As you can see, there are not any Forge mods for 1.13 yet.

Also, check any of these pages:

As you can see, none of them has even some sort of pre-release for 1.13. Even MCP for 1.13 is not out. So do not expect MCreator for 1.13 to be out anytime soon. You have to wait at least until Forge is updated to 1.13. Then you can edit the gradle settings and use MCreator for 1.12.2 to create 1.13 mods, but I warn you, there have been more changes that you seem to be aware of. (For example blockstates here.)

Last seen on 06:11, 18. Feb 2020
Joined Jul 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
can you please add the…
Sun, 08/12/2018 - 05:19

can you please add the ability to make potions, that'd be really nice.