Topic category: Mod showcase and discussion
Welcome to the Official DovahCraft Topic Board. Any and all documentation concerning DovahCraft will be held here.
A Vanilla Expansion Mod
(All version updates will be in the comments down below. The only thing that will change from this post is the Current Version.
Current Version: Update 1.0 Beta
If you are not familiar to DovahCraft, this mod offers 13 new Ores to be generated in your new worlds, as well as new Mobs and items. Explore your Minecraft worlds, mine through dungeons and craft your tools with new sets including: Ruby, Cobalt, Titanium and even Emerald.
Version 0.6 Alpha included:
- Added recipe for each material Block.
- Added recipe for the Knowledge Book. Will be used in later builds, but for now does nothing.
- Added recipe for the Blessed Apple. The Blessed Apple is slightly better than the Notch Apple, giving the player Speed II, Haste II, Strength II, Luck, Regeneration IV, and Fire Resistance. Recipe is expensive, but for this reason.
- Added recipes for Bedrock, Command Block, and Barrier blocks.
- Added recipe for the once unobtainable "Enchanted Sword".
- New Block: Stonecutter. Added UI. Please use recipe mods such as JEI / NEI to research recipes. Posting them all here will take up too much space.
- New Block: Transmogrifier. This block is still in the building process and serves no purpose for now, so textures are buggy. What it will do is to allow crafting of "Super" items, as well as repairing items.
- New Item / Block: Oil Deposit + Hardened Oil Block. Oil Deposits are only dropped using Tungsten Pickaxes. Hardened Oil Blocks are a new fuel source and are slightly better than Blocks of Coal. (Can smelt for 15 minutes)
- New Blocks / Recipes: Double Stone Slab (is in the vanilla game, but difficult to obtain), and Smooth Stone.
- New Plants: Cyan Flower and Paeonia. These two were cut from vanilla Minecraft. Yes, I am aware the textures are somewhat larger than normal, that will be fixed soon.
- New Blocks: Alpha Grass, Alpha Dirt, Alpha Stone, Alpha Cobblestone. These blocks cannot be found anywhere except for the new dimension.
- New Dimension: Alphazar. For those who want nostalgia. Note: You cannot bring Alpha blocks from Alphazar into the normal dimension, due to "traveling through time" unless you have an Ender Chest.
- New Mobs: Nether Creeper, Redstone Bug (from an April Fools update), and PC Gamer Cow (from the PC Gamer demo disk, can only spawn in flatland worlds or Alphazar).
- All Pickaxe tools now have their own attribute. Will list them all at a later date due to time constraints (work my dude)
- Emerald Pickaxe attribute no longer lasts forever when the tool breaks (unless someone spams the ability beyond normal durability levels).
- Vanilla Minecraft Bow is no longer called "test".
- Vibranium Pickaxe's attribute now deals the correct damage.
- Bug fixes.
I'm currently in the works of putting together a large update to Update 1.0 Beta, as well as getting all the recipes together up to Update 1.0 Beta.
Have any suggestions or comments? Sound off down below! There are a few rules, however:
Do (Things you should do, but not limited to):
Be kind, thoughtful, and respectful.
Use appropriate language.
Don't (Things you shouldn't do, but not limited to):
Be rude or disrespectful.
Use harsh language.