User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
DovahCraft Official Topic
Mon, 10/22/2018 - 02:51 (edited)

Welcome to the Official DovahCraft Topic Board. Any and all documentation concerning DovahCraft will be held here.

DovahCraft

A Vanilla Expansion Mod

(All version updates will be in the comments down below. The only thing that will change from this post is the Current Version.

Current Version: Update 1.0 Beta

If you are not familiar to DovahCraft, this mod offers 13 new Ores to be generated in your new worlds, as well as new Mobs and items. Explore your Minecraft worlds, mine through dungeons and craft your tools with new sets including: Ruby, Cobalt, Titanium and even Emerald.

Version 0.6 Alpha included:

New Additions:

• Added recipe for each material Block.
  • Added recipe for the Knowledge Book. Will be used in later builds, but for now does nothing.
  • Added recipe for the Blessed Apple. The Blessed Apple is slightly better than the Notch Apple, giving the player Speed II, Haste II, Strength II, Luck, Regeneration IV, and Fire Resistance. Recipe is expensive, but for this reason.
  • Added recipes for Bedrock, Command Block, and Barrier blocks.
  • Added recipe for the once unobtainable "Enchanted Sword".
  • New Block: Stonecutter. Added UI. Please use recipe mods such as JEI / NEI to research recipes. Posting them all here will take up too much space.
  • New Block: Transmogrifier. This block is still in the building process and serves no purpose for now, so textures are buggy. What it will do is to allow crafting of "Super" items, as well as repairing items.
  • New Item / Block: Oil Deposit + Hardened Oil Block. Oil Deposits are only dropped using Tungsten Pickaxes. Hardened Oil Blocks are a new fuel source and are slightly better than Blocks of Coal. (Can smelt for 15 minutes)
  • New Blocks / Recipes: Double Stone Slab (is in the vanilla game, but difficult to obtain), and Smooth Stone.
  • New Plants: Cyan Flower and Paeonia. These two were cut from vanilla Minecraft. Yes, I am aware the textures are somewhat larger than normal, that will be fixed soon.
  • New Blocks: Alpha Grass, Alpha Dirt, Alpha Stone, Alpha Cobblestone. These blocks cannot be found anywhere except for the new dimension.
  • New Dimension: Alphazar. For those who want nostalgia. Note: You cannot bring Alpha blocks from Alphazar into the normal dimension, due to "traveling through time" unless you have an Ender Chest.
  • New Mobs: Nether Creeper, Redstone Bug (from an April Fools update), and PC Gamer Cow (from the PC Gamer demo disk, can only spawn in flatland worlds or Alphazar).

Fixes:

• All Pickaxe tools now have their own attribute. Will list them all at a later date due to time constraints (work my dude)
  • Emerald Pickaxe attribute no longer lasts forever when the tool breaks (unless someone spams the ability beyond normal durability levels).
  • Vanilla Minecraft Bow is no longer called "test".
  • Vibranium Pickaxe's attribute now deals the correct damage.
  • Bug fixes.

I'm currently in the works of putting together a large update to Update 1.0 Beta, as well as getting all the recipes together up to Update 1.0 Beta.

Have any suggestions or comments? Sound off down below! There are a few rules, however:

Do (Things you should do, but not limited to):

• Be kind, thoughtful, and respectful.

• Use appropriate language.

Don't (Things you shouldn't do, but not limited to):

• Be rude or disrespectful.

• Use harsh language.

Edited by xDovah on Mon, 10/22/2018 - 02:51
Last seen on 03:22, 16. Nov 2018
Joined Sep 2018
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
Update 1.0 Beta ("The…
Fri, 10/19/2018 - 04:35

Update 1.0 Beta ("The Explore Update") News:

The next big update for DovahCraft will be releasing soon (looking for a Friday 19 release date, but could be pushed to Saturday 20). Most of what this update has in store consists of:

• New Blocks with textures dating back to the Infdev/Indev days of Minecraft, with Slabs.
    • These include Wooden Planks (the off texture one), Cobblestone, Brick, Stone, and Grass/Dirt Blocks.
  • Dyed Planks with Slabs.
    • These have a slightly higher resistance to damage and explosions.
  • Hardened Glass.
    • These, when broken, don't just break -- They will drop as a normal Block, allowing you to re-place them.
  • Compacted Cobblestone.
    • Fill the normal MATTIS Crafting Table (vanilla Crafting Table) with Cobblestone to obtain this.
  • Underwater TNT.
    • Currently under some work, so it doesn't really do much, except for looking pretty.
  • Uncarved Pumpkins.
    • What Mojang intended for the Pumpkins originally, without that Jack-O-Lantern face carved in it.
  • Lecterns.
    • It's not exactly the same model as what it is originally was, but it's close enough. Purely a decor block.
  • New model for the Transmogrifier.
    • Looks a *Blam!* of a lot better than what I had before.
      • (if you understood the reference I just made, you have my respect.)
  • Transmogrifier (again).
    • New plans are made for this new Crafting Block, but as of right now it does nothing.
  • Material Reducer.
    • New Crafting Block that is unusable as of this post. What is intended for use is to break down tools/armor for bare materials, hence the name.
  • Gears.
    • Intended to be used with the Material Reducer.
  • Plate Armor.
    • Only the Helmet and Chestplate, as Minecraft originally had way back in the day.
  • Alphazar Dimension.
    • Not a new addition, but a change. All blocks from the Alpha/Infdev/Indev period in this Dimension will be left behind if a player chooses to go back through the portal.
      • This can be counteracted by using an Ender Chest.
        • Unfortunately, it is possible to obtain new Ores in this Dimension. There's no way (that I know of) to not have this happen.

There's some more that I want to try to cram in before the scheduled date, however after this big update, I'll be working on the mod to bring out updates slowly. (Gotta make sure there's no bugs in there, right Bethesda?)

~xDovah
 - Creator / Solo Editor of DovahCraft