[Tutorial] Use Item Durability when it is used in Crafting Recipes!

Started by Loic_MaitreDuFeu on

Topic category: User side tutorials

Last seen on 09:43, 4. Jan 2022
Joined May 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
[Tutorial] Use Item Durability when it is used in Crafting Recipes!
Sun, 03/10/2019 - 13:02 (edited)

Hello! Today another Tutorial about MCreator, Today this is not a Tutorial about File Management or Templates or Texture Editing BUT about...

Making an Item that uses Durability in crafting Recipes!

It is easy but really time taking and Mod Elements taking...

First of all Let's say 2 Items Examples... Fusion Gem and Ice and Fire Crystal

You want that Fusion Gem can be used in crafts Multiple times but limited times such as having a Durability of Let's say 10/10

You need the Fusion Gem to craft the Ice and Fire Crystal

So how to make Fusion have 10/10 Durability when used in Crafts?

Steps:

Step 1) You need to create Fusion Gem Mod Element 10 times due to 10/10 durability

(Used names such as {FusionGem1, FusionGem2, FusionGem3, till FusionGem10)

Step 2) Use as Description something like "Durability 10/10", "Durability 9/10", "Durability 8/10" for EACH Items till it reachs 1/10

Step 3) For Ice and Fire Crystal you need to set the event trigger [On Item Creation] and you make the procedure which will give you the Fusion Gem with less durability, Like Add in Player Inventory FusionGem2 with 9/10 Durability

(NOTE: You will also need to Make 10 Times due to [On Item Creation] and you should make different recipes for it so it uses a FusionGem2-3-4-5 to 10

Step 4) You should make 10 recipes of Ice and Fire Crystal each using a different Fusion Gem which is the 1-10

Step 5) Optional: Make Different textures for the 10 Fusion Gem with a decreasing Durability

And you are finished :) Hope you understand, if you didn't, Comment below and I will try to help you out!

Edited by Loic_MaitreDuFeu on Sun, 03/10/2019 - 13:02
Joined May 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I do when I can :)
Sun, 03/10/2019 - 12:58

I do when I can :)

Joined May 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You know, I think I will…
Sun, 03/10/2019 - 13:05

You know, I think I will create a Mod soon which will be a FULL Tutorial Mod, I will put MCR and inside, I will put all possibility and things I showed in tutorials

Last seen on 17:15, 28. Feb 2022
Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hello i know it is a good…
Thu, 04/16/2020 - 20:12

Hello i know it is a good toturial but i don`t understand how to make the coding stuff.

First i made some textures for the Items and then i created these mod elements.

Step 1) You need to create Fusion Gem Mod Element 10 times due to 10/10 durability

(Used names such as {FusionGem1, FusionGem2, FusionGem3, till FusionGem10)

Step 2) Use as Description something like "Durability 10/10", "Durability 9/10", "Durability 8/10" for EACH Items till it reachs 1/10

Step 4) You should make 10 recipes of Ice and Fire Crystal each using a different Fusion Gem which is the 1-10

Step 5) Optional: Make Different textures for the 10 Fusion Gem with a decreasing Durability

I did all of these steps.

But i sad it before i dont understand the coding stuff in step 3

Step 3) For Ice and Fire Crystal you need to set the event trigger [On Item Creation] and you make the procedure which will give you the Fusion Gem with less durability, Like Add in Player Inventory FusionGem2 with 9/10 Durability

1.Where can i set the event trigger on item creation? I don´t see this option the only things at the event tag with on are

on player tick update and the other is on world tick update.

and you make the procedure which will give you the Fusion Gem with less durability 

and what does this mean is this coding too how can i do it? 

So i tried to do it on my own and made 4 textures for the FusionGem

and turned on the event trigger by external call or when something is crafted then i put on these player procedures 

remove 1 fusionGem add 1fusionGem9/10 Durability and so on till the end where i put in remove 1 fusionGem0/10 Durability.

But you can see the problem the event trigger is called external call or when something is crafted but whatever i craft i get one fusionGem with random Durability it makes sense but can i make a new event trigger?

for example when this item (fusionGem) is crafted then (gif item(fusionGem9/10 Durability)

I dont know what to do i hope you guys can help me;-)

Ps:sry for the bad englisch ima German duuuuude

anyway thanks!

Last seen on 03:10, 19. Feb 2022
Joined Jun 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I don't suggest using this…
Thu, 04/16/2020 - 23:14

I don't suggest using this tutorial, you would need to make a lot of items....

Last seen on 10:32, 23. Apr 2020
Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
What tutorial would you…
Tue, 04/21/2020 - 15:47

What tutorial would you recommend for making multi-use crafting items then? Looking to do something similar for a food recipe where I have a "sauce bottle" that will deplete the amount with each use.

Last seen on 03:10, 19. Feb 2022
Joined Jun 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
you can't unless you want to…
Tue, 04/21/2020 - 23:06

you can't unless you want to create a lot of items as explained in the tutorial that will potentially lag the game badly and it will add a bunch of unnecessary item ids. 

Last seen on 10:32, 23. Apr 2020
Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I see.. well thank you, I…
Thu, 04/23/2020 - 09:29

I see.. well thank you, I hadn't realized that this could potentially cause lag. I've been trying to think of another approach to this, but I have a feeling it'd end up with the same result... I was thinking of maybe trying to find a way for my item to be treated like a water bucket and be left behind in the crafting table instead of sending the item to the players inventory.