Real-time updating a block based on image file.

Started by StellaeLux on

Topic category: Feature requests and ideas for MCreator

Last seen on 20:25, 8. May 2020
Joined Aug 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Real-time updating a block based on image file.

When creating blocks, plants and that sort of stuff, I always try to make everything fit together. However when editing an image in Gimp and playing around and wanting to see what it would look like in Minecraft I have to import the image, start up Minecraft again (as far as I know) and find/place the block after starting a new world to see what it looks like.

I wonder if it would be possible to have something similar to the "Custom-Biome-Colours" where you can see in real time what it would look like. A feature like this would greatly help out people like me who are continuously checking whether our textures are a good fit in the Minecraft environment.

Ideally you would be able to open up a world and go to the specific biome you want to test something in and you'd place it there, edit the image and it would instantly update in game when the file was changed from one thing to the other.

Last seen on 01:48, 23. Aug 2021
Joined Jun 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
not possible at the least…
Thu, 03/25/2021 - 06:18

not possible at the least you could make a custom resource pack then reload the pack every time you want to see ot again