What is possible in 1.9.1 when it comes to creating custom mobs?

Started by StellaeLux on

Topic category: Help with MCreator software

Last seen on 20:25, 8. May 2020
Joined Aug 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
What is possible in 1.9.1 when it comes to creating custom mobs?

So 1.9.1 is out and it's now possible to create flying mobs and underwater mobs. I tried playing around with block bench and created a skeleton (using Filter: Bedrock Entity Generator) and imported it into MCreator. I gave it basic walking animations as I imported it and done! Everything worked. However when it attacks, it still only does the walking animation and I don't know how to make it swing arms or perform other animations based on certain conditions.

So this post is dedicated to documenting everything that is possible (or not yet possible, with he distinction between with or without custom code) in MCreator version 1.9.1

1. Is it possible to use existing animations based on certain conditions.

2. Is it possible to create custom animations? (I think the answer to that is no.)

3. Is it possible to overwrite specific parts of inherited mob ai like drops while still keeping other behaviours, like dying under sunlight.

4. To what degree of freedom is it currently possible to create custom mobs from your mods? Are there any type of restrictions or limitations that you regularly deal with or work around?

If you have any answers to specific points, make sure to include the number in the comment. If you have any other questions about mobs in 1.9.1, check what the latest available number is and ask them in the comments! I'll add them to this post.

Last seen on 15:27, 10. Oct 2022
Joined Jan 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
1. No Not without coding. 2…
Wed, 10/02/2019 - 15:49

1. No Not without coding.

2. Not really?

3. Yes, i believe it takes whats in the "Mob AI" section and "Drops" section over what is in the base AI this may be incorrect tho.

4. I have yet to try and break mcreator with mobs

Last seen on 05:14, 23. Feb 2020
Joined Feb 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hopefully we will get more…
Thu, 10/24/2019 - 21:31

Hopefully we will get more mob support in the future.

Attack animations are my biggest want for the futute, and "when mob attacks" dependency.

Last seen on 12:47, 26. May 2020
Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Mcreator should have a way…
Wed, 04/22/2020 - 15:56

Mcreator should have a way to import animations and have a "play animation" block in procedures.