Joined Aug 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Need help creating a custom "furnace"

Hey im trying to make a campfire that, when a fuel is placed in it it turns into a custom item and the fire itself turnes into a "lit" version like a furnace does when its smelting something

Last seen on 08:19, 7. Jul 2020
Joined Sep 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I am not sure about the…
Sun, 11/03/2019 - 08:47

I am not sure about the texture change,but i do know how to make a furnace work.

Use the "Update tick" procedure trigger.Set the update tick on the block to 1 tick.Make it check for items,and if items are in the correct slots,let's say the fuel and your item you need to smelt,make it set the local math variable(name it fuel or fuelTime) to the fuel's power.Remove one item form the fuel slot,have another variable(name it cookingTime/smeltingTime) make it tick down(set variable to variable+1 ,place in the beggining of the procedure) and check if it has reached our fuel variable.If it has, use if arguments to make it stop ticking down.Now,you'll need a result variable(resultTime) and set it to whatever you want,although Minecraft uses 200 for its furnace.Make an if argument that checks if our smelting time has reached that number.Reset it when it does,use another variable to store the fuel time if it is more than the resultTime and set the fuelTime to that.Whenever resultTime is reached,make it take one of the item in the smeltable slot and add one to the output slot.

Hope it will work and will help.