Joined Oct 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Adding to/Creating Loot Tables!

I only hope for two features to be added to MCreator. While the other is procedural structure generation (jigsaw pieces, fitting segments together), the more important one is the ability to add new items and blocks to loot lists. I propose the ability to create custom loot lists. A very simple UI in which you can choose a block/item to add to the list, select how the minimum and maximum amount that can spawn inside, and how likely it is to spawn: then assign the loot to a chest block (could be done with procedures or with custom 'loot chests' added by the feature).
This would be an absolute boon to anyone creating world generation mods or anybody who wants to encourage exploration, whether it be overworld, underground, or in another dimension. Without this feature, Creators must use vanilla loot tables, which will never contain their items and blocks, severely stunting their ability to distribute their mods resources and rewards. Currently, distributing such things means putting them in pre-defined chests, item frames or in to their structures directly. This feels artificial.

My mod Outposter is the only mod I care to make. The loftiest Idea I have for it is the creation of a dimension in which people can endlessly explore procedurally generated badlands of dungeons, towers, destroyed roads, docks, mining complexes, and so on. Currently, This would feel random and fake and would essentially be impossible without the addition of loot tables and segmented structure generation. But Loot tables, at least I believe, would be easy to implement and would be much more easily applied by a larger selection of mods, so I'll beg for it first. Please, Devs, consider doing this feature in the *next* update.

Last seen on 17:18, 11. Feb 2020
Joined Mar 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
and for custom chests
Tue, 11/26/2019 - 10:14

and for custom chests

Last seen on 03:10, 19. Feb 2022
Joined Jun 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I think there is a tutorial…
Tue, 11/26/2019 - 10:37

I think there is a tutorial for random loot on youtube.

Please, Devs, consider doing…
Tue, 11/26/2019 - 13:59

Please, Devs, consider doing this feature in the *next* update.

We do plan this feature (check our issue tracker), but the next update will not have this yet.

We work on this project for free and are limited with time we can put on it. You can donate to devs to help us work on the project more :)

Last seen on 20:23, 30. Oct 2023
Joined Oct 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
THIS IS ALREADY A THING
Sun, 04/11/2021 - 15:50

THIS IS ALREADY A THING