User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
The Shademantel Mod (Beta 1.0)
Mon, 05/18/2020 - 22:57 (edited)

Hello, and welcome to The Shademantel! In my mod, you are bound to find yourself exploring the many landscapes, dungeons, castles, and dimensions but before you get started, you may require a thing or two of knowledge about the mod. If that is what you're here for, great! You can find most of the details about the mod here on this page!

But before we get started, there's an important story to be known here...

A long time ago when the universe was created, there were six beings who embodied the six aspects of all existence; the Cold (Ice), Heat (Fire), Currents (Electricity), Darkness, Light, and chaos. The six beings sought to create their worlds respective of what they represent. After the worlds were created, they all realized something was missing... Order. Using their power together, they created a seventh world that came to be known as the Overworld. The Overworld contained all aspects the beings represented. Since they came together, they created the world of Order they imagined. After they finished their work, they vanished. Though gone, their souls were still present, watching... Their souls lived on within the hearts of the present day rulers of the dimensions. The dimensions were at peace, Until...

A clan emerged in the World of Order. They would be known as the Ovorsorth clan. The Ovorsorth ruthlessly took out entire kingdoms, empires, and cities as they pleased. The world was no longer one of order, not for another 300,000 years. The leader of the Ovorsorth at the beginning of that time span lead with an iron fist, crushing all those who stood before him. Eventually, a hero from an unknown culture took it upon himself to take out the leader for good. When the time finally came, the two fought for hours on end. After a while, it seemed the evil leader got the best of him. But something awoke within the hero... Suddenly, the hero felt imbued by a powerful essence. Standing back up on his own feet, he unleashes his assault on the leader. With his newfound strength, the hero defeated the leader. At that moment, the leader would say a phrase that would echo inaudibly throughout the world. The leader called upon a curse that would slowly build up for the next 300,000 years. After the leader's dying breath, the hero left without a trace, feeling the ill omen that still had yet to come. He even wondered if there would still be any hope after the vile leader had been defeated.

The curse was a vile curse. The generations after the leader had their energy sapped when they perished. This energy from the ancestors would begin increasing in power until the 'chosen one' had been born. The 'chosen one' would be granted the combined power, becoming more powerful than any Ovorsorth that had ever lived, or ever will live. The energy that was granted to the 'chosen one' would from that point on forward be called 'Ovorsorth Black Magic'.

Despite the heavy danger that loomed, there was hope yet again. The barrier between dimensions became links instead, but only through certain material that the original creators had a liking for. It was prophesied that yet another hero would take the old hero's place, and restore order to the Overworld.

However...

The new leader of the now revived Ovorsorth clan had gotten word of it. The new leader stood from his throne, and walked out of his empire. Nothing would stand in his way as he began his quest. He never slowed down, and continues his vile works. The new leader went for the head start, and would proceed to gain the strength of the dimensions before the new hero could. His name would be whispered throughout the surviving people of the world while also conducting fear into the hearts and souls of the people who still lived after the rule of the Ovorsorth. One would ask what his name would be, and he would be given a simple answer... "Vrathour…"

As of now, The Shademantel is still in development. Once Beta 1.0 is finished, the mod will be published for beta testers throughout the MCreator community, of course by "beta testers" I mean by you guys! If you have any suggestions, concerns, bugs, I'm open! Feel free to do as you wish.

~ CBGenius

Getting Started:

While I was creating the mod, I wanted the players to experience the mod the same way they would experience Minecraft. Starting out is a simple approach, you probably could even get a full garnet set without knowing anything about the mod at first; it's that simple.

This is a guide, so I think it would be mandatory to still include the steps that the player may take.

So you join the world...

You will encounter many different things throughout your travels, but you should start off like any other Minecraft player. Get your wood (obviously), build a shelter (if you think it's necessary), and if you find yourself in a wooded area... WATCH OUT! A large dinosaur-like reptilian-mammal cross predator known as Erethros lurks in the taigas, forests, and other such wooded areas.

Erethros have keen eyes that allow them to pick out prey from 50 blocks away! So if you find yourself in a wooded area, it would probably be best you get yourself a nice shelter. If you find yourself in the line of sight of an Erethros and your not prepared for them, your best chance is to try to outmaneuver them. Erethros are built for the chase, but they give up the chase if they can't keep up.

*Phew!* That was a close one! But only when you're sure about your surroundings can you let your guard down! Continue with what you originally intended, but don't go picking or getting into fights with any other mobs. Right now, your survival is your priority!

Now then, you begin mining to gather resources. You find yourself several seams of iron ore, score! But something rings your ears... You listen again. Cave noises? You don't hear those too often, but never consecutively. While you listen, you keep hearing the same noises over, and over again! Will you take it upon yourself to investigate the source?

If you try to find the source of these noises, you may come across the Sapphire Dungeon (traversing the sapphire dungeon is optional, but it does yield plentiful rewards). The Sapphire dungeon has unbreakable walls and floors, so you have to find the entrance. Finding the entrance can be tedious, so listen up! The Sapphire dungeon is a very simple shape. Here is a map of the dungeon.

Once you are able to find the entrance, beware! Sapphire Vrachlets are monsters disguised as Sapphire Ores, and are happy to slam their weight onto unsuspecting visitors!

Defeating them nets you some Sapphire gems. You can use Sapphires to create Sapphire Armor, and the Sapphire Toolset! Sapphires are better than diamond in harvest level and armor points/toughness, but not so much for durability or efficiency.

The chests also have nice contents, usually containing sapphires (they don't call it the Sapphire Dungeon for nothing). As you explore, if you look hard enough you may find yourself some chests hidden behind bars, cobblestone walls, and vines. You could have the full set of Sapphire gear, provided that you are careful! Even with iron armor, Sapphire Vrachlets can still do a good number on you. As a result, it is recommended that you have enchanted iron armor at the very least if you want a decent chance of surviving the dungeon.

So you keep exploring the dungeon, and eventually come across a large room with a strange stone block in the middle. What could that room be?

I wouldn't recommend touching that block just yet... If you aren't properly geared up, well let's just say you would be in for a bad time... We should avoid that room for now. If you didn't notice yet, some of the mobs are very powerful, and can easily snap your shield in two (if you ARE a shield user). This is when a unique block comes into play. This block is called the Shieldmend Table, it allows for the upgrading of shields, improving the durability of the shield used in the interface. This table will become an essential block for all of you shield users. To craft it, you will need three gold ingots, a lapis lazuli block, two diamonds, and three obsidian. Once you have those materials, arrange them in the crafting GUI like so:

NOTE: The rarer the material, the better the improvement!

Now that you have yourself a nice new shield, you should be able to take on the strange room you saw earlier, or you could get better prepared and mine some more sapphire.

Back in the sapphire dungeon, you have a new set of gear. Full sapphire armor, a new sapphire sword, even a golden apple! With armor comparable to even diamond armor, you're ready for further exploration. Head back into that same room with the odd block in the center. Y'know, that block DOES seem to be the source of all the cave noises... Should we touch it?

An automaton-like monster, named Sklirovracho awakens from it's slumber! It would also appear that Sklirovracho is not happy that you awoke it from it's restful slumber, what will you do?

Sklirovracho has a long reach; defending with the shield you have equipped will allow you to get close enough to deal some damage. The fight is very simple, but don't let your guard down! Sklirovracho is very powerful, even for players wearing sapphire or diamond gear. You can use the terrain to your advantage by maneuvering around the pillars. Sklirovracho is large enough to the point where it has a little trouble getting around the place. Do that when you're low, and maybe even consume an golden apple if you're desperate enough. Get back at Sklirovracho for a counterattack, and finish the job!

With Sklirovracho defeated, a trapdoor appears... Let's check it out!... Hey... The loot should be for YOU to figure out!

(It's called the hook, because that's how you get people to check your content out. It gets them curious, then... THEY'RE HOOKED, HURRY UP AND REEL IN! C'mon, c'mon, c'mon! YES a big catch! Look at the girth of this thing! Amazing! That right there is a prize-winning fish!... Yeaaaaahh!...…………. Sorry, I got a little carried away.)

That's the end for now. I'll add a bit more later. That was a LOT of writing for me...

Shademantel Beta 1.0 To Do:

- Finish the Electrical Rifts Dimension

• Create Electrozian Outposts

• Create Electrozian Fortresses

• Create the Electrical Rifts Boss (Alectzar)

- Finish the Garnet Dungeon

• Create the structure itself

• Create the loot that is specifically obtained from the dungeon

• Create the Garnet Dungeon Boss (Lychnodamon)

Shademantel Beta 1.0 Progress:

-  Added new ores and material

• Sapphire

• Serpentine

• Garnet

- Added new mobs

• Ragged Spineclaw

• Yarith (Alpha yarith and normal yariths)

• Erethros

• Cryotis

• Terijorn (Blue and Red variants) 

- Added new Dimension (Frost Dimension)

• Added mobs (Skrider, Frozen Zombies, Shivmites, Cryin Scout, Cryin Knight)

• Added structures (Frost Tower, Frost Fortress)

• Added Boss (Frostrum)

• Added new ore and material (Frigite) *NEW*

- Added new plants

• Flarefruit

• Mountain Berries

- Added new Dimension (Volcanic Dimension)

• Added mobs (Fyrachnid, Molten Zombie, Fire Glider, Slarple, Fryogon Scout, Fryogon Juggernaut)

• Added new ore and material (Burning Ruby)

• Added structures (Volcro Tower, Volcanic Fortress)

• Added Boss (Volcrono)

- Added new structure (Sapphire Dungeon)

• Added Sapphire Vrachlet

• Added structure related blocks (sapphire dungeon bricks, blocks, chisel blocks, etc.)

• Added Boss (Sklirovracho)

- Added new structure (Desert Dungeon)

• Added structure specific blocks (Desert dungeon blocks, bricks, chisel blocks, etc.)

• Added a new Mini-boss type mob (Colossor)

- Added new Dimension (Electrical Rifts)

• Added mobs (Shockergeist, Zoltack, Electrified Zombie, Electrozian Scout, Electrozian Ninja)

• Added new ore and material (Zockite)

• Added structures (Electrozian Outpost, Electrical Fortress)

-Added new structure (Garnet Dungeon) *NEW*

• Added Boss (Lychnodamon) *NEW*

• Added structure related blocks (Garnet dungeon blocks, bricks, chisel blocks, etc.) *NEW*

Edited by CBGenius on Mon, 05/18/2020 - 22:57
Last seen on 22:41, 29. Dec 2021
Joined Mar 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Wow that is a cool mod…
Tue, 05/19/2020 - 01:12

Wow that is a cool mod. Great story btw, reminds me of a certain game..

Last seen on 22:41, 29. Dec 2021
Joined Mar 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Also, if you meant to have…
Tue, 05/19/2020 - 01:18

Also, if you meant to have pictures in this forum there are none. (I say this because you say “here is a map of dungeon” and there is no map)

Last seen on 19:38, 13. Jul 2023
Joined Apr 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Yeah, I am still trying to…
Tue, 05/19/2020 - 01:40

Yeah, I am still trying to figure out how to do that. I have tried Imgur, but it wouldn't let me sign in for whatever reason. I then tried Gyazo, but MCreator thought it was too foreign of a URL for the images.

Last seen on 19:38, 13. Jul 2023
Joined Apr 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I found another way to add…
Tue, 05/19/2020 - 02:10

I found another way to add the images through Imgur without signing in, but I still come across that same problem. Upon saving, it says "Body was detected to be invalid based on external links" and will not allow me to update the page. Is there a way around this? I understand if that is out of topic, but the accuracy and consistency of this page is kinda at stake here.