User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Remove ore/tool packs generation
Sun, 05/31/2020 - 12:59 (edited)

as you know, doing this can prevent all the lazily made mods from ever existing again

Mcreator receives a lot of hate for these mods

so i think we should remove these auto-creation tools asap

Edited by Shocking Artist on Sun, 05/31/2020 - 12:59
Last seen on 19:21, 24. Apr 2024
Joined May 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
you should make users with…
Tue, 06/02/2020 - 16:39

you should make users with over 1000 points inspectors

I have system to flag mods…
Tue, 06/02/2020 - 16:49

I have system to flag mods in work, but I am waiting for devs of plugin for this for the website to fix some bugs.

But there is no report…
Tue, 06/02/2020 - 18:54

But there is no report button yet, I told you why :D

I have system to flag mods in work, but I am waiting for devs of plugin for this for the website to fix some bugs.

Flag = report

This website works on Drupal and is dependent on Drupal modules

Last seen on 16:36, 23. Jul 2020
Joined May 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
it is not just for lazy…
Sun, 06/07/2020 - 20:00

it is not just for lazy modders. sometimes you are making a huge mod and maybe you said it will come out at a certain time. you still havent finished the mod even tho it is over-due. the ore/armor/tool generators can cut down on that time tremendously

Last seen on 15:45, 3. Jul 2023
Joined Jan 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
sometimes the tool packs…
Tue, 06/09/2020 - 02:53

sometimes the tool packs help. anyway if someone doesn’t think it looks good they will edit it.

Last seen on 18:26, 16. May 2022
Joined Feb 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I kinda support this. I do…
Wed, 03/02/2022 - 21:28

I kinda support this. I do think this contributes to the problem of bad mods, but which contributes more; easily making sets of assets in extremely quick time, or poor regulation.

I understand that rejecting certain mods because of low quality can seem biased and disciminatory, but the sheer amount of low quality mods out there is so problematic, that it basically destroyed mcreators reputation. The easier it is to use any free tool, the more lower quality stuff that will exist.

So I dont really think that removing it is going to end mods like that, as mods like such have existed for longer than the tool set creator have.

As for the usefulness of the tool set creator, I hardly use it as I dont really trust it. Maybe I just dont know how to use it properly, but I find it much easier to make the tools manually. The same applies for the wood set creator, as the mining level and flammability values are inconsistent with vanilla wood. So I recommend changing it a bit to make it better, but personally I wouldn't mind if it was removed, as I dont use it.