How to make a ranged item sword weapon work correctly

Started by FanelLore on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 16:05, 13. May 2021
Joined Feb 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How to make a ranged item sword weapon work correctly

So recently I've been doing some stuff with a ranged item that is actually a sword, but can shoot a projectile/particles. 

However, when I test it in the test environment, it looks as if I am holding the blade of the sword rather than the handle. Is there a way to fix this by offsetting it or do I need to make a 3d model in blockbench/other software?

Last seen on 05:29, 31. Jan 2022
Joined Nov 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
there's 2 ways you can do…
Tue, 06/09/2020 - 01:14

there's 2 ways you can do this. the easy way is to "Edit code of selected mod element", when you click the button, select the second file from the drop down list, in the file you will see some editable numbers, find "thirdperson_righthand"::... and then "translation":.... i think its the Y offset you need to change (the 2nd number in the set of 3). mess around with those numbers until you get it right.

the better way is make your own json block model for the sword using blockbench. by using blockbench you can visually edit the model display position/size/rotation. import the json model and texture into mcreator and in your item's 1st page "Item 3d model" dropdown choose your imported model

Last seen on 03:10, 19. Feb 2022
Joined Jun 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
blockbench's display tab…
Tue, 06/09/2020 - 01:51

blockbench's display tab could edit how your model displays in the GUI and in hand.

Last seen on 16:05, 13. May 2021
Joined Feb 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Alright then. That will help…
Tue, 06/09/2020 - 02:49

Alright then. That will help a lot. thanks!